Soooo, Fracking in the UK

Don't make me laugh when I have things in my mouth.

I can't take you guys anyplace. What the hell you doin' ?

Get your hands off the frackin' bread.

You can dress 'em up, but you can't take 'em anywhere.

Oh, come on. Come on !

What the frack you doin' ? That was mine, you assholes.

Frackin' assholes. I can't frackin'--

- Frackin' A ! - What the frack ?

You know, Axel, you got a terrific vocabulary.

- Frackin' A.

Lower costing fuel then? With most of the u.k. power/fuel companies owned by overseas companies and based how they have been ripping the u.k. off for decades ..then if you think this will give you lower priced fuel ..dream on buttercup

Impacts..definately look at the impacts after it was started in the u.s. and canada..the results will shock some

Coal mine collapse in the u.k. is a known issue from layers being removed then with soil erosion it collapses taking all above it down that hole and fracking is an even bigger risk

There will be no benefit to the common man but lots of profit for the companies who will then leave a wasteland when it's all gone

sylus":3s0m2jyr said:
Lower costing fuel then? With most of the u.k. power/fuel companies owned by overseas companies and based how they have been ripping the u.k. off for decades ..then if you think this will give you lower priced fuel ..dream on buttercup

Impacts..definately look at the impacts after it was started in the u.s. and canada..the results will shock some

Coal mine collapse in the u.k. is a known issue from layers being removed then with soil erosion it collapses taking all above it down that hole and fracking is an even bigger risk

There will be no benefit to the common man but lots of profit for the companies who will then leave a wasteland when it's all gone

I agree with nearly all that aprt from the overseas companies bit, british companies are more than capable of ripping off the consumer too.

sylus":3b1gs5j3 said:
Except the thousands of jobs. And the money from them boosting local businesses. And the dividends paid on that profit directly or indirectly benefiting many thousands more.

But apart from that...

Problems can be overcome. Risk can be minimised. But no government is going to forego the obvious economic benefits to placate a handful of tree huggers. Should build another few runways at Heathrow with the proceeds just for good measure.

bad idea .

where is all that water is going to come from ?

we fought very hard in france to have it banned .

technodup":1xsbxezd said:
sylus":1xsbxezd said:
Except the thousands of jobs. And the money from them boosting local businesses. And the dividends paid on that profit directly or indirectly benefiting many thousands more.

But apart from that...

Problems can be overcome. Risk can be minimised. But no government is going to forego the obvious economic benefits to placate a handful of tree huggers. Should build another few runways at Heathrow with the proceeds just for good measure.

The risks that are well known (at least they are it seems everywhere other than the UK, a proposal for shale gas mining in France was totally discounted recently) polluted water table etc are outweighed by the money/jobs/greed aspect ? Interesting way to look at it.
Don't forget that this is also a finite source of energy unlike wind, wave and solar which would, if the gov lauded and gave incentives to would also create thousands of jobs but there you go, these also unlike the burning of gas create far less damage to the environment.
I love how you equate anyone who doesn't actually want to live in a more heavily polluted world or a world where reliance on fossil fuels is to be discouraged with being a treehugger :LOL: :roll:

Problems like the common cold and herpes haven't been overcome so far Einstein.

Not looking good for the future :shock:

technodup":24h3e6a8 said:

In this mechanised age the term thousands will more likely be directly not very many as to the dividends, most big companies have a proven history of registering the profit off shore to avoid dividends and taxes

technodup":24h3e6a8 said:
But apart from that...Problems can be overcome. Risk can be minimised. But no government is going to forego the obvious economic benefits to placate a handful of tree huggers. Should build another few runways at Heathrow with the proceeds just for good measure.

if you genuinely think only tree huggers will protest this despite nations outlawing it then I suggest your research could do with some better looking

Mind you, Alex Salmon is keen for any money england can give it :LOL:

The thing also to take into consideration is that fracking uses huge huge amounts of water. Given we often have low pressure due to droughts it would be interesting to see where they think the additional water will come from to source such a huge scale of fracking.

This will be company profit driven with little care for were we live and how it impacts on our future

sylus":1ucppqp9 said:
most big companies have a proven history of registering the profit off shore to avoid dividends and taxes
Makes me wonder why businesses, pension funds and individuals invest in shares of these big companies.

if you genuinely think only tree huggers will protest this despite nations outlawing it then I suggest your research could do with some better looking
The only people who will protest are environmentalists and NIMBYs. Nobody else will care one way or the other. And protesting these days is largely pointless anyway, see Iraq, foxhunting etc. I saw a Starbucks protest in Glasgow last week- it was embarrassing. More Police (about 10) than protestors and Starbucks was full the whole time. People might have an opinion if asked but that's a world away from active participatory protest.

I won't be researching anything. I couldn't really care less about it. It makes sense to me, not to you, the government is open to it. It'll happen or not happen but either way I'll have absolutely no say in it. Me reading on why France has banned it and America won't make my life any better.

This will be company profit driven
You say that likes it's a bad thing.

B77":1ucppqp9 said:
The risks that are well known (at least they are it seems everywhere other than the UK, a proposal for shale gas mining in France was totally discounted recently) polluted water table etc are outweighed by the money/jobs/greed aspect ? Interesting way to look at it.
If there are vast untapped resources under our feet then any government should do everything it can to exploit them to the fullest extent. There are dangers and drawbacks with all sources or energy. We regulate and control those risks and benefit from oil and nuclear, what's the difference here?

Don't forget that this is also a finite source of energy unlike wind, wave and solar which would, if the gov lauded and gave incentives to would also create thousands of jobs
Aye, if it lasts for 60 years it might be long enough to get a green supply that can meet our needs.

far less damage to the environment.
Meh.

I feel like the panto villain on this site.

Latest posts

Back