Nirvana-WTF?

mass199":2cu4m9c9 said:
Nirvana were a band for that generation....you needed to be a teen(grunge) in the early 90's to get it.

I'm of that generation (and have always had very wide ranging musical tastes), and I always thought they were truly garbage. Kobain himself seems to have been as unpleasant a character as you could ever hope not to meet.

over 50 million records sales don't lie.

They don't say very much about musical ability, either...

Generally with music if I don't like it I just ignore it - but Nirvana spread (at best) a nasty depressive/agressive/hopeless attitude amongst an emotionally unstable and immature agegroup and caused real harm IME.

Mudhoney has been played extensively in t'shop this morning. Anyway one thing most people will agree on is that in the main, british music goes to the toilet over pretty much everything else.

Ajm, you're talking out of your bum. That's like saying punk spawed political and social unrest.

Thats the funniest thing i've heard in ages :LOL:

I can hear all those disaffected Nirvana hoodies sizzling on a pyre as i type.....

Lets face it, it could be so much worse....Chris Martin?

gavinda":29hdyf8q said:
How dare you talk of coldplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

How about if use the 'name that shall remain unspoken' and put it in the previous sentence along with the words 'pyre' and 'sizzling'...would that be better?

grumpycommuter":251ya09v said:
gavinda":251ya09v said:

How about if use the 'name that shall remain unspoken' and put it in the previous sentence along with the words 'pyre' and 'sizzling'...would that be better?

:LOL:

gavinda":7x7h13xb said:

Saw these in the summer after being given a free ticket and thought they put on a great show.

Much prefer to see them again then the Nirvana 'reunion'.

Back