Christmas Leave

About the only thing I miss about working for a biggish organization is being able to just walk out the door for three weeks at a time and not have to think about it at all during that time.

Working for / by yourself has huge benefits too, but the major drawback (certainly with my type of work) is never really being able to just abandon it - even if I take 5 or 6 days of holiday I'm probably going to have to deal with some problem or other during that time.

Christmas and New Year are definitely the best time of year for me to take time off though as most of my customers aren't really working then either, quite looking forward to it!

Hmmm I work for a huge organisation and we never shut. I have Christmas and Boxing Day off and that's it. 6 day weeks either side and for the last could of weeks too. But I m is what you mean and am very jealous of those whose business shuts down for Christmas. But i assume that just come out of thier holiday entitlements anyway and gloat when I'm doing dick all in the summertime :D

Back