VeloTrails Cancelled in favour of Blairadam Sunday

If by Friday there is no one else but you Keithyr then the rides getting shelved untill next year :roll:

I like a run with a moderate to good turnout otherwise I'll just do my own thing.

Very tempted to delete your post TK, its not conveying the right message even if just in jest but I'll not.......for the moment ;)

Then we'd have a mod war and velo would have no existance on macretro despite inventing it :) :LOL:

(still only kidding velo)

hey i was up for both saturday and sunday Velo.

can still do the sat velo trails if we get anymore takers ?

wasna meaning to step on toes but was intending to do both your run and sunday mornin if peeps couldna make the saturday.

after all i still owe you a fiver.

I dont reckon its a good idea to split the vote is all.
Nationally the various groups try not to promote a main ride on the same weekend unless the distances are deemed great enough.
With east coast MacRetro rides I reckon the same principal should apply. If west coast want to set a ride on same weekend no problem or north or north east no problem but 2 rides 20ish miles apart will split turnouts down to maybe 2 people a run which some, myself included, might view as not worth the effort.
Anyway, loads of mud here, you'd only just get your bike degunked prior to coating it again on Sunday :roll:

no worries, see what you mean re two rides. def fancy trying Velotrails if you wanna try another saturday when hopefully get more takers ?

I'd be up for it at some point, it's just I work Saturdays.
I kind if see you're point about splitting numbers but as long as its not the same day I think it's ok. For instance you can't do Sundays, I can't do Saturdays does that mean one of us should have to ride alone on the opposite day to the planned ride? Between work and family life's it's hard enough to get together and ride, the more options the better.

Sheesh! My own take on it would be to put it forward in the east coast ride thread, and go from there. Can I ask why your not going to have velo's trails on the Sunday?

Back