Nice one (car content)

That bugs tasty!
Two of my friends exhibited. One with a Jensen interceptor, and the other with a drag prepped Enfield electric 'thing' dubbed "the flux capacitor" :LOL:

bren":iwnp4igo said:
That bugs tasty!
Two of my friends exhibited. One with a Jensen interceptor, and the other with a drag prepped Enfield electric 'thing' dubbed "the flux capacitor" :LOL:

I saw the 'flux capacitor' on the back of a trailer on the M42 :cool:

Have to say that no matter how many times I see cars that have been mangled like this, I just can't get used to it. It looks like a really, really shiny beetle which someone has very lovingly built at huge expense of money and time... and forgotten to put the springs in!

Call me a heretic or philistine by all means but I honestly just don't get it. Jack it up a few inches and let us appreciate its lines properly!

( this from someone who frequently is to be seen driving an MGF with virtually no hydragas in the suspension... purely because I've spent so much time fixing other things that have broken in the past few months and haven't had time to care about pumping it back up :oops: )

ajm":3zvwwijl said:
Have to say that no matter how many times I see cars that have been mangled like this, I just can't get used to it. It looks like a really, really shiny beetle which someone has very lovingly built at huge expense of money and time... and forgotten to put the springs in!

Mangled?

You say potato, I say potato.... you say tomato, I say Rovers are crap! :LOL:

Will someone start a 'I love BL cars me' thread please?

al. ;)

[/quote/]And I'd choose an 800 Coupe over anything VW, any day. It was a genuinely nice cruiser for unpretentious people. And Alan Partridge. VWs, classic or newer, are the automotive equivalent of Klein Attitudes. (Except Klein were genuinely innovative, in their defence.)[/quote]

Oh dear!

al. :LOL:

I took a claw hammer to a freshly painted Beetle once, they obviously called the police while an angry customer did the same amount of damage as they had done to my car.

Police told me politely to piss off as the garage owners were about to be done for dealing large amounts of cocaine...

I was driving one of these at the time:

Attachments

• nissan silvia 16v.jpg
    nissan silvia 16v.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 230
At least it still has its quarter lights.

Presumably it can be gassed up to a decent height.

I never was a fan of slammed anything, but if we all liked the same things I wouldn't need to kill people.

I'm in line to share the mangled viewpoint, not only is it totally impractical to use but cars look utterly silly when they are that low.

Although perhaps the new craze for the 2014 cycling scene will be lowered vintage bikes, perhaps a Hetchins running on wheel barrow wheels or a C-26 on roller skates! I am off to source some trolley wheels for my lowered RC100, that will be pimpin'... great way to spoil an otherwise nice car.

highlandsflyer":1woh1uir said:
Rover 75s are proper nice motors. Buttons to buy too.

My old man's got one, in British Racing Green to boot so looks pretty smart. It was indeed a bargain - it's needed a bit of attention but then it is getting on a bit (it's a V-plate so one of the earliest batches). Dad reckons it's the best car he's owned and he now actually enjoys driving for the first time in about 40 years!

David

Back