A nice little ride today...

I went up Leith Hill today.
Last week I couldn't see the trees on the other hilly bit from the
top and from low down the vision was yards.
Today the sky had blue bits, the kiosk was open and there were other people on the hill.
I looked at the pics I took today, I can see a pointy building, is it the shard?

Attachments

• pointy-building.jpg
    pointy-building.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 960
  • move-along.jpg
    move-along.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 960
Looks very close :shock: ... big zoom mabey ?
hows the ground conditions up there at the moment ?
Mick :)

godders":3elsjzf5 said:
Looks very close :shock: ... big zoom mabey ?
hows the ground conditions up there at the moment ?
Mick :)
No just a pocket size ricoh R6 and the pic is actual pixel size.
I didn't even know what zoom the camera is[it takes ok macro pics at a cm or so] it's 7x zoom.
Ground pretty good, some muddy bit's obviously but some of the paths you wouldn't know it's been pissing down. Your going to get your bike muddy put it that way.

I nipped over to my parents today in Storrington, and after finding out my front brake had decided to stop working entirely since the last ride and an emergency visit to the bike shop to sort it, I went out on my old favourite loop of Sullington-Amberley-Parham-Sullington. What an absolute beaut of a day! Having missed the two minute silence this morning due to a certain toddler, I had plenty of time to consider the past as I climbed up to the South Downs Way with the only noise apart from the occasional bird and the odd moo thrown in, being the Harvard from Shoreham Airport flying around (it's an American WW2 fighter btw). So lovely and peaceful and a few more "This Is Why" moments later and I was at Amberley Mount, holding the gate open for two loonies who could apparently breathe out of their arses and had just sprinted UP Amberley Mount! Then my front brake faded going down Amberley Mount and I was forced to walk down half of it, not very nice either! Soon enough I had made my way back round to Parham where I had a chat with another biker whilst riding along, unfortunately he was a lot fitter than me and trying to keep up the conversation and the pace nearly killed me!
A nice little ride today indeed... When I get a bit more warning I'll put a post up to here to show you guys around and hopefully a brief refreshment stop in either Amberley Tea Rooms or The Sportsman or both!!!

Attachments

• 2012-11-11 14.04.19-1.jpg
    2012-11-11 14.04.19-1.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 924
  • 2012-11-11 14.04.10.jpg
    2012-11-11 14.04.10.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 924
  • 2012-11-11 14.30.29.jpg
    2012-11-11 14.30.29.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 924
  • 2012-11-11 14.30.42.jpg
    2012-11-11 14.30.42.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 924
  • 2012-11-11 14.31.10.jpg
    2012-11-11 14.31.10.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 924
Decided to bump this thread, as I think its a good thread and also because, it certainly wasn't a bad January day today (In Retrobike SE land) for some biking.

Or, breakfast, which this morning meant knocking the door down early at Steyning Tea Rooms and having Apple and Cinnamon sponge cake and custard.

I hope you all managed to get out for a bit today. :cool:

Attachments

• IMAG0517a.jpg
    IMAG0517a.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 823
Holy thread resurrection batman !!

yes good day, managed my first ride of the year, and already have done twice the distance I managed last year, good to be out.

Now that's my kinda breakfast ! :cool:

Did a couple of hours on the road bike today , lots of people out , not many of them acknowledge you these days .

Is it me ? Or has the modern less-friendly public finally crept into our two - wheeled world ?

Latest posts

Back