How to swap with a fellow retro biker?

My_Teenage_Self

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I've a frame, he has a set of wheels, and we want to do a straight swap, but we don't live anywhere near each other.

He seems like a straight-up kinda guy, but I worry about getting screwed over (sorry if you're reading this) and I'm sure he feels the same!

Obviously, postage will be required, but how can we both get the bits we want, without any worry of loosing out? These are nice bits, not parts bin specials.

Anyone have any suggestions on how we can make this work?

Cheers guys. :D

Steve

Both of you send your stuff to me, then I'll post it back out when it's all here.

Honest! :D

Ever bought something using PayPal gift?

This is the same thing really. You send your stuff over and hope that the other person is honest.

1. Trust.
2. Get the same courier to drop one off and pick the other one up.
3. Both Paypal me a deposit and I'll paypal it back when each person is satisfied with delivery.

be as open as possible - make sure you have as much info on each other as you can.

Watch for user 'Rongo' though, he may send you soiled pants instead.

It's all about trust, there are probably hundreds of transactions on here a week, and you only hear of anything going wrong once in a while.

Best way to do swaps is at retrobike national rides ;) No issues !!

swannymere":1fopgkp7 said:
It's all about trust, there are probably hundreds of transactions on here a week, and you only hear of anything going wrong once in a while.

Very true! You can refer to the feedback forum and also check all a member's posts in their profile. You can get a pretty good idea of who they are from these, but it ain't foolproof...

Back