It's true what they say about Superstar brake pads...

rosstheboss":2fkrjtqy said:
Yeah, WE effed up

There I've fixed it for you :LOL:

To be fair Superstar did have a bad batch of pads about 4 or 5 years ago (I know because I had two sets fail on me) but they weren't the only company who had the problem.

It dose sound like some one forgot to fit the Pad Pin Clip........

Ps

I still use superstar pads as they are one of the best VFM brake pads, as long as they are bedded in properly.

No issues with SuperStar brake pads here. They are by far the best performing per £ spent on the market. Use them with Formula Oro K24s' in organic and sintered compounds.

In all fairness, I was quite eager to get out, and may have missed out the retaining pin (indeed it seems likely that this was the problem) but I did have a look around after we got back around where we were working, and I had managed several miles on it, up and down hill

anyway, yet another lesson learned and fortunately the ride was not a total loss

me 0 - bike 1

No probs for me with superstar pads either, about to change the fronts as they're getting pretty worn but they have been in since Oct last year so can't complain, sintered btw.
Matthew

I use gold sintered Superstar pads on my bikes and have fitted them to lots of other people's bikes too.
I've never had any problems with either performance or longevity.

I would say that the number one problem that can happen with any new pads is when people fail to bed them in properly. If you don't run them through a few heat cycles while they are still clean to harden them up, then any pad will disintegrate on the first muddy descent.

Actually the number one problem is when the disc gets contaminated with chain lube or spray oil, but that's another matter.

Not fitting the pad retention pin isn't going to help much either though...

Back