Raleigh Team Banana 2

Well i will second that ,looking really good and near compleation,another one for the Raleigh Banana showcase ,wonderful and very exciting getting near to the end build,very best wishes Brian.

All the bits have arrived now, just waitibg on the rear mech.

Might have slipped up (Banana skin????) with the short drop 105 calipers ( at least they were out of stash not bought for the job) they might be too short on the back. Maybe an 11th hour dash back to the web for some that fit!

:(

Looking good! :D

I used to ride this frame up the Nick o' Pendle when I was a teenager, so you'll have to take your lad up through Kingston Lisle and Blowingstone Hill, to try to continue the pain already dished out to the frame! :).
Or up Streatley Hill!

Glad it's going to be put to good use rather than recycled for tin cans.

Glad you like it Bikenrrd! I think he is probably up for a second assault on White Horse Hill, the first was aborted after I forgot to mention how much momentum a cattle grid robs...ooops!

It is nearly finished now. The brakes do just fit, Front one is cabled, new bottom bracket axle is fitted and cranks are fitted with chainrings. Spds fitted too.

Left to do fit rear mech (en route), chain, rear brake cable, gear cables, change front mech (friend bringing RX100 one instead of Exage Motion), tape up left side of bars.

Maybe on the road next week!

:D

This is nearly finished! A fair bit done though it doesn't look that much different to the last photo... Just waiting for a rear mech after bit of a hiccup with the one destined for it, (a weekend of ebaying will ensue). There is a slight tick in the front hub so I'll have to strip that. Chain and grear cables are here and ready to go but can't otherwise do any more until I have a rear derailleur. I have reinstated the blue/red stripes on the top tube with insulation tape...you need to get quite close to tell. will post a new.photo over the week end.

I have finished Team Banana 2. I had to buy a 105 rear mech (for £7) as a Retrobike buy still hasn't showed. this is a good match with the RX100 front! It rides surprisingly well, and my son is WELL impressed, with the bike and my spannering Photo attached.

Thanks again Bikenrrd!

Attachments

• Vale of White Horse-20121101-00139.jpg
    Vale of White Horse-20121101-00139.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 247
Back