Frames for free (not that good of a deal)

beagle

Senior Retro Guru
Righto, got two damaged frames that I can't bring myself to weigh in for some reason. Neither is that nice or worth repairing properly IMO, but I'd rather someone do something with them than them be made into bean cans. Maybe make a sculpture or something?

Anyway, this is just to gauge interest, if anyone's bothered about either of them I'll get proper measurements and pics.

First frame is a late 70s or early 80s Holdsworth-made Claud Butler Dalesman touring frame. 531 tubing, seat tube 56cm C-T, top tube length TBC. This one has had a front end collision at some point in its life and has ripples on the TT and DT. Fork looks OK from what I can remember. Anyway, I commuted on it like this for more than year and am just about alive so don't think it's going anywhere. Still, probably scrap man fodder unless you're as hard and brave as me.

Second, an 80s Ron Kitching. This is a bit more racy than the Scutler, no mudguard eyes or anything like that. 531 tubing, seat tube 58 or 59cm C-T, top tube something like 58 or 59cm as well. This one has a flared BB shell, so you can push a BB into it without engaging the threads. I think a bodge-tastic repair would be possible on this one without too much effort, cost or ingenuity.

Pick up from Wakefield or can be posted at YOUR cost.

Cheers.

No probs, I'll try and sort something tomorrow.

But wait, there's more! Just remembered something else that's taking up space:

Third, a 90s Bourghini. This is a faux-Italian frame from one of those roadman shops that brand up tat for their customers. It's steel, lugged, not sure what the tubing is but it's nothing of quality. This one's small, from memory probably 50cm at most. But it is a straight and usable frame! Fancy that!

Hi if its not to greedy i would like the kitching and the little bourghini, wanting to build a couple of fixed wheels up for me and my lad, only a few miles down the road from you,

Could be a goer if GasPipeWarrior hasn't got his heart set on the Kitching - I'd rather not post if I don't have to. The Kitching is definitely suitable for fixed gear as it was my mate's fixed bike before the div knacked it, don't know what the dropouts are like the Bourghini.

Back