M500 Cannondale... Gulf Blue & Orange'ish... Nearly done

That's a sweet looking bike with gulf blue colour along orange decals, the only thing I would change is to put Cannondale rigid forks on it, other than that, it's lovely.

I totally agree with the fact it'll look better with rigid forks, and I'll post pics with them when I get them back from the painter. However, I think it'll get more use with suspension, hence the colour coded Mag21s coming too :)

I specifically chose a headset with sealed bearings for which I have a spare crown race along with a spare set of 987's that will remain fitted to the rigid forks. The intention is to make a fork change from rigid to suspension (hopefully) a simple 5 minute single allen key operation able to be done on the spur of the moment, say in the car park before a ride... :D:D

mike_eb":2stgho6j said:
What is that rear brake cable hanger?
It's a Tektro Power Hanger which is essentially a substitute until I find a Force40 unit.

However, having spent nearly an hour setting it up I'm not overly impressed with it. It's very difficult to get even movement on both canti's and it appears to put so much 'power' through them that the bosses flex a fair but making the lever feel quite spongy. I haven't ridden it on the trail yet but I suspect at least a booster will be needed, and at worst a reversion to a more convential arrangement....

Little Bob":22alfrtw said:
What cranks are those?
They're rather nice TopLine SLS... bargain from the Bay a good few months ago - about £35 IIRC and in excellent condition. The SLS differ from the standard Topline crank by having the spider machined all the way through (as opposed to milled a bit at the back) and the crank arms are milled on the side too coming it at about 390g (saving about 60g over the Standard model)

I have a standard set in with a red spider (courtesy of Jez some time back) which will shortly be making an appearance on the Cinder Cone - when I can remove the Sugino's that appear to be welded on!!!)

More here... http://www.bikepro.com/products/cranks/topline.shtml

Back