1995 Marin Team Marin

great job, a mighty fine example :D that was always a dream bike for me, also nice to see one in my size.. I reckon some nice discrete ti egg beaters might look nice but i've never used them so no idea what they are like to use!

just out of curiosity, any idea of the weight?

haha ;) although i'd not have the money anyway..

i was genuinely beginning to think that only tall/long legged folk had bought the high end Marins, although i don't know if maybe Marin's c-c sizing didn't help.. i ordered a 17" and it was only after riding for a month or so (first bike back into mtb in years) and thinking it felt a bit big, that i took a tape to the seat tube and found it was more than 18"!!

I've got a 15" (or 15.5"?) c-c Palisades Trail, and it's quite a nice fit for my 5'8" frame. Some of the bikes I see on here and eBay are crazy big!

Regards

This bike is beautiful!

It brings back such great memories from when I worked in a bike shop where we sold Marins.

We did'nt sell many Team Marins however but I probably mounted a few of these also..........

Anyway, great looking bike.

.....and about the Mavic rims; no they were not the strongest. Back in those days SUP or 231 was what you wanted but Marins everlasting search for lightweight lead to some bad decisions. In fact at this point Marins were too week in most aspects. The larger frames became to loose and the cantis on this one are not Marin's finest moment.

But this is a small size and they were still fairly stiff and very lightweight at least compared to it's price level.........and the White Industries stuff looks great!

Lovely team marin ,remember these back in the day ,Rolls Royce of bikes back in my hay day :LOL:
Whats one worth in that type of condition now days ?

Great job!! looks stunning. had the same bike once. nice ride for sure!

Re: Marin seat post

You were correct about the Titec seat post. I bought my bike in November 1994, and still own it, all original parts. Except the spokes, the original spokes kept breaking, especially on the front wheel. So I had both wheels re-built with new spokes, the bike shop recommended keeping the Mavic rims, as according to him they were still good.

Back