Team Banana Project

Roger531

Retro Newbie
Hi
I'm Roger, I have a thing for 531 bikes, currently have two, 1985 Team Panasonic and a AA Special Frame Gazelle. Am an expat now residing in Melbourne Australia.

I've read up on the Team Banana's through the Forum and found some useful information. But what am lacking is the specs for the paint job. The decals I think I can get, a good spray painter too but can't find a reference to the paint.

Am reasonably sure the gruppo is Shimano but have seen Campag SR on the top of the line versions. Why do I want to recreate this??. Mine (18-23) got crunched by a truck about 20 yrs ago. Now I have a 531 frameset I'd like to make into something a bit unique downunder.

Would appreciate any help you can offer.
Thanks in advance
Roger
Melb Aust

Thanks Tel

Thanks for the confirmation Tel.

Am thinking of using Shimano 105 of the period, its reliable and can be sourced.

Would like to know the paint specs??

Nothing at all wrong with 105 group, brakes were single pivot but functional. Solid mid 80's group and cheap as chips compared to more modern sets....

Shaun

Shimano 105

Hi Shaun
Thanks for the tip with the 105 Group on Ebay.

I have got steel rims/wheels. A mate suggested the Dura-Ace brakes are worth looking into as well. Stopping is one thing you have to get right first time.
Any leads on the paint scheme?? Paint numbers?? Want to get this right, and not almost.

Thanks again for the info
Cheers, Roger

Back