1994 Raleigh M-Trax

LozK

Retro Newbie
I was wondering if anyone still uses Raleigh M-Trax bikes from the 1994 era? I thought this might be a good place to ask, as I have one to sell, but I think I maybe also need to ask a few more questions to find out exactly what model it is off you knowledgeable folks first!

Also do people generally use Ebay or similar, or is there another good place to sell more retro bikes like these? Thank you for your help!

Loz.

LozK":325rsxab said:
I was wondering if anyone still uses Raleigh M-Trax bikes from the 1994 era? I thought this might be a good place to ask, as I have one to sell, but I think I maybe also need to ask a few more questions to find out exactly what model it is off you knowledgeable folks first!

Also do people generally use Ebay or similar, or is there another good place to sell more retro bikes like these? Thank you for your help!

Loz.

Hi and welcome!

Some of the catalogues are available in the archives here so perhaps you can identify your particular model.

This is the best place to sell it as there are no fees but you must state a price (no offers , offers over etc). If in doubt I would just stick it on ebay.

If you want an approx value you could post here but be sure to include a photo or two

Thank you for the welcome radian!

I was trying to find out exactly what model it was, and the good people here have sent me in the right direction, after I described it in this post: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 51#1677351

It matches the bike on page 9 (of 16) of the brochure in this PDF: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/1 ... 527d14f742

So it must be a “Team Edition” M-Trax Series 2, which the documents I have didn’t say, but they do say that it’s a 45 cm (17.7 in) frame, which matches with one of the sizes the brochure and seems to be the approx. length of the length of the seat tube. At the time they seemed to recommend a slightly smaller frame, but move the seat higher than on other bikes I’ve had.

About the only change on it is the tyres and seat t more road friendly stuff.

I better get over to the "How much is my XYZ worth" thread and ask for some opinions, then I can let you know.

LozK":1btnik87 said:
Thank you for the welcome radian!

I was trying to find out exactly what model it was, and the good people here have sent me in the right direction, after I described it in this post: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 51#1677351

It matches the bike on page 9 (of 16) of the brochure in this PDF: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/1 ... 527d14f742

So it must be a “Team Edition” M-Trax Series 2, which the documents I have didn’t say, but they do say that it’s a 45 cm (17.7 in) frame, which matches with one of the sizes the brochure and seems to be the approx. length of the length of the seat tube. At the time they seemed to recommend a slightly smaller frame, but move the seat higher than on other bikes I’ve had.

About the only change on it is the tyres and seat t more road friendly stuff.

I better get over to the "How much is my XYZ worth" thread and ask for some opinions, then I can let you know.

Ha! That was me that replied in the other thread too :LOL:

I'm sure you'll find a buyer to take good care of it on here.

Probably one for eBay.
They were only £5-600 new IIRC.
The frames go for well under £100 in eBay. If you keep mentioning 'titanium' in the advert that would probably help!
Depending on condition the whole bike maybe £200-300 if your lucky on eBay?

Thank you for the info, Rampage.

So it sounds like ebay might be the best place t sell it on to someone... I wondered if it’d be worth asking if anyone here might be interested in it first, but judging from number of replies maybe not.

If anyone’s interested in it here (and I know it’ll go to a good home if someone’s on here) then they can have it for £150 (if they can collect it from Bristol and get back to me fairly soon), otherwise I’ll try and get a bit more on ebay.

Back