Another ebay grumble...

rosstheboss

Retrobike Rider
You can't retract bids if you're bidding on multiple similar items and win the first one that comes along.... bugger

rosstheboss":30gocykw said:
You can't retract bids if you're bidding on multiple similar items and win the first one that comes along.... bugger

Yeeess...

But, why should you be able to?!

You can ask sellers to cancel your bid.

I used to have up to thirty bids in at any given time on old valve amps in the US, but my bids were all low, so I would win may 3-6 of them at bargain prices.

I have retracted bids on vehicles after changing my mind, but I usually do it early enough not to cause inconvenience, or I offer a small compensation.

If you use Gixen you can have bids on multiple similar items. You only win the one which you are the highest bidder on. As soon as you win something the following bids are cancelled.

Yes, of course you can use sniping utilities to place late bids chronologically until you win one of a group of similar items.

Particularly useful if the end times are in rapid succession.

You can withdraw a bid at any time. JUst click on "entered wrong amount" or "unable to contact seller", or so I've been told... :oops:

suburbanreuben":1z7qx1gy said:
You can withdraw a bid at any time. JUst click on "entered wrong amount" or "unable to contact seller", or so I've been told... :oops:

Just done that.... Ta!

Back