Another Peugeot restoration/fix-up (1988 HLE Premiere)

ok sounds like you want a short cage type and yes as a lot of us have found there is rarely a cheapo get it back on the road fix for an older bike , unless you have a garage full of spare parts .

Premier league

Nice bike! These used to be everywhere back in the day. When I worked in the bike shop (I'm begining to sound like Uncle Albert from Only Fools And Horses with that phrase), we had terrible trouble with those bloody Huret gears. They were crap. I mention this to make you feel better about your modern purchase!!

It looks like you are on the biggest sprocket/chainring? Chain might be a bit on the short side (probably due to the extra length you now need to get round the new long cage mech) - but could be worse. As you say, the bend on the gear cable is a bit tight!

Bike looks in great condition, nice one.

Great restoration mate! I did something similar last summer, respraying an old Premiere and kitting it with some new components. I'm currently on the hunt for a fork since mine is unfortunately dangerously bent. Let me know if you have any spares youre willing to sell or know of any sources that could come to my aid! Cheers.

is there any one who is clued up on these peugoet's vitus/hle/carbolite is that the historical order ?
i really need to get another carbolite and i always thought the original wheels and components should have been better for these .i remember when peugeot had a chain of shops like raleigh , i would go to the one in fleet hants and chat with the owner and dream of owning their alloy lugged carbon.

Back