another new member saying hello...

peet74

Retro Newbie
hi there,

I'm Pete, 38yrs and I've been a cyclist of some sort since the age of 4.
I got my first mtb at about the age of 11, a Falcon Sierra that served me well until '94 when I purchased my Rockhopper.
I've just got myself a road bike as I enjoy any type of cycling. In general I love just getting out on my bike, whether its the lanes & trails around where I live or off to Wales to do something a bit more serious.

The current collection includes:
- 2012 Felt Z85 (road bike)
- 2007 Orange Evo6 (mtb)
- 200? Diamondback Joker (bmx)
- 1996 Dave Hinde Custom polished ally framed mtb (the wife's and in need of a upgrade/rebulid)
- 1994 Specialized Rockhopper (mtb) - The current project and a thread to follow.

..... so that's me.

Another Pete, welcome to RB :mrgreen:

There are a few new faces in West of the NW just recently, around the Welsh border - I think an 'introduce ourselves' ride is in order, what do you think?

For ease (and a convenient cafe ;)) we could just gather at Llandegla - there are plenty of options for all abilities in one place then too, including a bimble round the pond for the other half/kids if they'd like to come along.

Then, over some grub, we could figure out something more challenging for the future - in the Clywdds perhaps?

elPedro,
I'm liking the sound of a run out somewhere :)
depending on when (& where) I may have to turn up on my '07 Orange as I'm not sure which route I'm taking with the 'Hopper yet. At the mo its still in the rebuild phase and has a road crankset & slicks on it, which could prove fun round Llandegla!!!
Tyres aren't a problem as there's allsorts in the garage, but I can't make up my mind about whether to keep it geared or convert it to SingleSpeed.

But after that long winded reply it would be good to meet some more enthusiasts.

Peet.

If experience on here is anything to go by it'll get rebuilt a few times in the next year - just try to keep your wallet a bit protected! ;)

I'm sure our esteemed leaders (mrlee and HarryCrumb in the NW, Easy_Rider in North Wales) will have a slick plan in no time... :p

:LOL:

Back