windows 7 disc or download?

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
A friends Toshiba has munched its HDD so I've fitted a new one but can I find Windows 7 recovery disc amongst my collection? can I bollocks!

I have 3 Toshibas in the house and not one came with a recovery disc.

So, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Nothing wrong with downloading it, just as long as you get a virus-free version and have a valid serial.

I have downloaded just about every Vista and Win7 version as an ISO file, and use "Universal USB Installer" to put the correct ISO on a 4GB USB stick. No need to burn DVDs any more, just tell the PC to boot from the USB-HDD, and install Windows from the USB stick.
Yes, it's a tool normally used to create Linux boot sticks, but it has support for Vista and Win7 (bottom of the OS selection menu).

That old OS, Windows 8 has just been released (though personally I would stick with Windows 7)

You can grab the ISO's 64bit or 32bit etc.. depending on your serial direct from Microsoft, not sure if they still give the link. But try
http://www.mydigitallife.info/ and search for Windows 7 SP1 integrated sounds the best choice.

You can use Windows Loader (very easy to use) if you forget the serials or are having trouble. Cannot post links to that though.

legrandefromage":37479bcv said:
bigmick":37479bcv said:
google "digital river windows 7 " find the direct link for the version you have the serial for

done this but am now stumped as to what happens next...
download it then burn to a disc

then install

Latest posts

Back