Olympic BMX

I didn't realise that they ride clip less I just presumed they would all be on flats. Makes it all the more mental.

Tazio":38yc0oik said:
I didn't realise that they ride clip less I just presumed they would all be on flats. Makes it all the more mental.

That surprised me to. Always had them down as flat riders

been 25 years since I raced BMX. The courses look much bigger now, and tarmac???? Not in my day, mud only, and flats too! Maybe because they weren't even thought of back then for us human powered motorx riders

Theres a lot of debate of clips vs flats but at the top level as soon as one rider gains a slight advantage by clipping in all the other riders have to follow, so much is on the pull out of the gate that clipless pedals do give an advantage. There have been a couple of calls to ban flats and there was even a flats only race series but it's pretty much a lost argument now.

Oh and if you want to watch racing on a full dirt course then check out the red bull r.evolution course.

Pyro Tim":30n1liwi said:
been 25 years since I raced BMX. The courses look much bigger now
The olympic course is a supercross course, bigger start hill and jumps than a regular BMX course. Born out of TV sponsors wanting the sport to look more exciting...

Latest posts

Back