Serotta ATX Colorado (soon 2 be) Singlespeed

if i where you i would go for a single handbrake..less is more..

i'm inspired...i'm now official also into the single speeds...got a nice raleigh frame on it's way.. :cool:..and found a nice 90's Campagnolo Record cranckset inc rings for a bargain, but the smallest ring is 42 tooth..

a little too big for an singlespeed???

Are singlespeeds taking over? I'm building one as I got fed up with all the gears when all I seemed to use was about 3 of them. Picked my best ratio 34:16, might go to 36:16 but that'll be when I get used to it and build my leg strength up a bit :? If I can get some pix done I'll put them up in the singlespeed pic thread, it's unfinished as yet though. Compared to all the 'pretty' bikes on here though, I may be exiled to an island for ugly bikes!!

small update;

DSC01062.jpg

DSC01072.jpg

and some bad news,..found a crack in the frame at the rear triangle, where it is connected to the seattube at the top,.. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

i wonder how the dealer is going to react; longlife guarantee and bought it new in his shop,.... :roll:
It is steel so can be repaired; but i guess it also needs a respay then.

sunchaser":3vrt5eim said:
Looks real nice :cool: How did you get that riser bar in that Syncros stem clamp? :?

Why, he just turned the bolts around and put them in from the back and used some small coins to pry the clamp open until it began to make very faint cracking sounds. I'm sure it will be fine. ;)

But no,..i bought it this way,....but you are probably right,..it has to be somthing like you say....i have no clue how they did it otherwise

Latest posts

Back