Newbie & Koga Miyata

mattjg01

Retro Newbie
Hi

Brand new to the forum and to retro road bikes. I had a nice red Peugeot racer as a kid but stopped cycling much as a got older. Have got back into it a little in the last few years with a mountain bike for off-roading, but that got nicked a short while ago :evil:

I use a Brompton for cycling a few miles to the station in the mornings but decided I wanted to get another bike for more exercising. A road bike seemed like a good plan thinking back to my childhood. After looking around a little locally I managed to pick up an old Koga Miyata Gran Winner for a relatively low price. With some minor work to clean up it'll be good to go.

Now I need to do a little research on the bike, clean it up and then decide what if anything I want to change on it.

7427801520_f3c71c61ec_z.jpg

Nice

Welcome aboard.
Nice! you cant really go wrong with a Koga.
Looks in good condition, what year would that be?
Cheers
Jamie

Not sure of the year yet, got to do a little research. Condition is reasonable, some scuffs and scratches on the frame and a general build up of muck, but only parts really suffering are the pedals.

Welcome to the forum! That's a nice bike - and if you ride fast enough people will think you're on a Bianchi...! :LOL:

Back