The GT STS Thread Members Bikes and Tech Info

ba57ards":j818ysmn said:
do i want to ask how much ?

I don't know, arround 400-500€ I guess..

I have 3 rear shock in stock, so with the frame you will have a good one, with spring 600x2.0 or 550x2.0, red or black, as you prefer...

But I am not sure to sell it..
I prefer an exchange with a thermo LTS frame..

Hi there, I am new to this forum, I have been reading it for a few weeks and suscribed today to share my story... I was 18 when the STS and Lobo came out and fell in love with them, but they were way too expensive and there was no way my family could afford one. I was in Chile back then (thats where I am from) and they were even more expensive and hard to get. If it was U$5000 in the US, it was like getting a 15k dollar bike over there.
Now I'm all grown up (32 y/o) and saw one on ebay, brought some memories, and bought it... Now I'm obsessed with these bikes and bought a Lobo frame that I'm putting together... Hopefully I can afford an LTS-DH soon to add to the collection... Here are some pics of my two bike, and I hope I didn't bore anyone.

The STS has XTR hubs, brakes, derailleurs... Shifters and drive train is XT
2012-04-01181657.jpg

The lobo is still a work in progress, but it will have hydraulic Avid disc brakes and 2.3 tires
IMG_20120614_185146.jpg

Hi dq13, I have the same age and history than you !

Your bikes are amazing, I am also looking for a LTS/STS thermo frame to complete my collection...

dq13":2c3c5sxw said:
Hi there, I am new to this forum, I have been reading it for a few weeks and suscribed today to share my story... I was 18 when the STS and Lobo came out and fell in love with them, but they were way too expensive and there was no way my family could afford one. I was in Chile back then (thats where I am from) and they were even more expensive and hard to get. If it was U$5000 in the US, it was like getting a 15k dollar bike over there.
Now I'm all grown up (32 y/o) and saw one on ebay, brought some memories, and bought it... Now I'm obsessed with these bikes and bought a Lobo frame that I'm putting together... Hopefully I can afford an LTS-DH soon to add to the collection... Here are some pics of my two bike, and I hope I didn't bore anyone.

The STS has XTR hubs, brakes, derailleurs... Shifters and drive train is XT
2012-04-01181657.jpg

The lobo is still a work in progress, but it will have hydraulic Avid disc brakes and 2.3 tires
IMG_20120614_185146.jpg

If you check page 13, the one with the lefty project you will see part of the very same story that you just told. Also from Santiago!

SLDS compadre!

Going to the painter (professional) :

alu34.jpg

alu35.jpg

alu36.jpg

alu37.jpg

...and the result :

alu38.jpg

alu39tj.jpg

alu40.jpg

Today I will re-assemble it, then... I don't know : selling it as a frame, or buying componant to finish it... :?:

Back