Olympic Gold, US Open, Wimbledon and now the US Open Again!

KeepItSteel":3laz6xst said:
you have proven without doubt that he is sometimes capable of winning a tournament that the big hitters can barely be arsed to drag themselves along to.
He needs to prove to you that he is capable of winning what 99% of the population consider to be the real deal tournaments.

I make it 30 attempts so far, with a 10% success rate of achieving a final.
At best I reckon he has another 30 to 40 attempts.
So, maybe, 3 more finals?
To be fair 6 finals would be a good record for a player. I'd struggle to live with myself if I didn't win a single one though.

Go Murray!

99% of the population like Alu mountain bikes.

Vive la change!

aha! but I hate alu frames!

Ok, im putting on my diversity head...

Some alu frames are cool.

I want Murray to win a slam.

I still don't like him.

you don't think it's possible that the other 99% could be right, do you?

highlandsflyer":1yyhziqd said:
By the way, Nadal WAS fit. Hence that remark by the reporter.

OIC.

Ok, so he's proven he can do it, so it's a given.. he's going to beat Nadal in a slam final !... that'll show em!

(like a true scottish note, my £20's going nowhere)

My point is that 99% of the population know Jack Shit.

What is magical for me is that we are even having this debate about a British player who has spent the last four years in the top four, peaking at 2.

:)

I refer to my previous comment, quality and depth of the field is lacking IMO.

Im going to sleep on it, perhaps I can convince myself that he is worthy of adulation. A little more personality would go a long way in my book. Perhaps (probably certainly) not right to judge him on this, but call me old fashioned, i'm a sucker for someone who is actually ...nice?

highlandsflyer":3ajf8j1t said:
What is magical for me is that we are even having this debate about a British player who has spent the last four years in the top four, peaking at 2.

:)

Plus, i'm not falling for the nationality rational these days.

Good debate though HF. I can see why you like him so, honestly. I'm probably just far too judgemental.

highlandsflyer":1f62onm9 said:
By the way, Nadal WAS fit. Hence that remark by the reporter.

In spite of my Murray-related cynicism, better a win for AM than Nadal any day, if only for the latter's connections* with a certain character named Fuentes (which nicely makes it relevant to a cycling forum!).

David

*Allegedly.

Back