Any Gazelle experts out there?

Finally got the frame in my mitts. Frame number is 3287680 and has Gazelle stamped on the bb shell. Only other distinguishing thing on the frame is a chainpeg. What measurements can I take that will give me a better idea of what model it is?

Paint aside, it's identical to my mid-late 80s AB-Frame, right down to the fork crown and chain pip - although I suppose it could possibly be an AA (I think the only difference was tighter clearances on the AA... but I'm not an expert).

Really nice frames, and a cool unique colour scheme too!

I like the colour scheme but finding a paint match for the green is going to be difficult and there's a couple of bits of chainsuck to touch up.

I like your thinking, thats a decent shout it does look very kawasaki. Wonder if halfords do a touch up can.

I worked in Halfords a few years ago; at the time they didn't do motorbike paints.

The larger stores have paint mixing facilities. Technically we weren't allowed to mix paint 'by eye' because it was too time consuming - I used to do it anyway since I wasn't a jobsworth.

If you can find the paint code from a matching paint (know any motorcyclists?), Halfords will mix you up a little tester pot for a few quid.

From memory: no. They can only mix up to their database, which is proprietary to every vehicle manufacturer. RAL codes are standard in stuff like industrial design and construction.

Unfortunately you'll also find that the person mixing the paint is usually a spotty kid who doesn't know any more about paints than the average Joe on the street!

You can buy RAL paints from paint suppliers, though, or even on ebay. You might not be able to find a touch-up can but you should be able to find a small tin of spraypaint - just spray some into the lid and use a paper matchstick to dot it on.

Watching all the football has meant the build process has been a little slow but just about done now.
fcmvs8.jpg

Back