'99 Orange Ms Isle rebuild time!

Well my revs are 150mm not sure how much difference that would make.
Didnt know they were that low.

Are you sure the manitous are so high? Guess thats one of the things that has changed along the years.

Orange are very helpful although you would be very lucky to get them, they said to me they have nothing past 08 but i cant remember that was specifically for the patriot.

The METAL headtube bagde is included in that deal, its a complete bargain.

Here are the ones i got which would look pretty good on yours too, maybe get someone to photoshop ms isle where it says patriot? Would need a re print or some clever stanley work though.
Yours shares the same down tube as mine and although they have changed the shape of it now, when i put the decals up to the frame they seemed like they would fit fine. NOt as perfectly as the newer patriot of course but would still look mint (that said, looking at them again, the swingarm ones will probably be too big but the top tube/downtube ones look universal):

28122011397.jpg

If you're worried about the height of the front end, you could always change the bar and stem combo....I know it means more money, but as forks have got longer bars have got lower!

My first riser bar was a 2.5inch Azonic double wall..... when the trend changed to low bars I thought they look silly, now I have had to convert the older style bars look funny! Such a fashion wh*re!

Thanks for the sticker pictures liking them!

Photoshop is no problem... I've only recently stopped professional photography due to family commitments.

Front end height is a concern mainly due to not wanting to ruin the handling of the bike.

cyfa2809":1gy23dx8 said:
Well my revs are 150mm not sure how much difference that would make.
Didnt know they were that low.

Are you sure the manitous are so high? Guess thats one of the things that has changed along the years.

The manitous are 105mm travel so add 35mm travel on and compare to pikes/revelations and it seems about right.

Doh, read it wrong!

Maitous are 480's other are 500's+ (not 400's, woops!).

My friend had a ms isle with 130mm suntour forks and it felt ok i guess. I prefer tight head angle/twitchy though.

If needed i can take better pics of them.
I also have the originals decals from the patriot which would be somewhat closer to the ms isle originals, theyre more standard orange ones though.

And the gold is better, poor picture, sorry! You must hate me if you dod photography haha!

Lol it's fine. Time and a place for fancy pictures. I mainly use my phone for snap shots etc.

think I'm pretty set that it's max of 140mm. So pikes and possibly 130mm bombers will be my first stop off. If that doesn't work I'll try revelations or drop down to rebas (120mm).

Sounds like you have a plan.
If you can, get a u turn fork. I bet once its set how you like you wont use it again but then you could just sell that on a get a fork which is at the travel you like.

Latest posts

Back