RetroRoadRide Saturday 2nd June 2012

It was a pleasure to have you all over and, if the powers that be on the forum agree, we would love to do another one again some time.

To meet people who just want to ride and talk bikes was a real treat.

Hopefully next time i'll get the groups / route issues sorted :LOL:

Once again thanks to everyone who came and i hope to meet you all again soon.

Karl

Great day out, big thanks to Karl and Spencer for route and hospitalitly. Nice route with quite a few drags thrown in. More to follow in the week, sampled another half of the retrobike beer last night ;)

Credit to Ed for doing the second half on the elite force.

Attachments

• IMG_20120602_125226.jpg
    IMG_20120602_125226.jpg
    617 KB · Views: 2,806
To all those who had to listen to me whinge on about my tyres all day, I have just ripped them off.

Before I did, I put the wheels in a building jig. The rear tyre was 8mm out from side to side. The front was about the same. They were brand new, put on the bike for the ride when I noticed the old rear was down to the canvas.

Once the tyres were off, I re-checked the wheels and they were more or less perfect.

Ed, you will be pleased to hear I have cleaned the drive chain!

Thanks Karl and Spence for a well executed ride

Set off at 05.20 from Preston to Ludlow to pick up the mighty gate of the Emmelle Cortina, once we had un-hooked it from the gate hinges of the farm it was 08.30 and I was now heading towards the Church End Brewery, I knew I was on the right tracks when I passed Spencer cycling to the brewery from his house.

A great morning of riding followed by a lunch of one pint of ale and some flap jack, then out for a quick blast and further attempts to find the limits of the Raleigh Elix's rear mech

following a visit to Spencer's shed of many bike parts and a purchase of a four pint of "Retrobike Ale" I decided to get back on the road due to a lack of other campers, this was 19.00 and I managed to get back to Preston for 21.00.

A 15 hour plus day and well worth the trip down and nice to see evryone again, the road riding was a refreshing change to the norm

Thanks to Weeman for the 27" wheels, and Spence for the other bits ;)

see you all at Mayhem

030620121102.jpg

Ayup Harry Crumb!!!

I'm glad you got back safe and sound...drop me your address in a pm and i'll send you a pressie. I hope everyone agrees, a 15 hour day certainly deserves it.

Karl

Back