RetroRoadRide Saturday 2nd June 2012

John":2kddznzs said:
Should be able to make at least the start of the ride, although sadly I'll have to head off early doors due to having something else on in the afternoon.

Could someone give me an idea on the route, thinking of riding over and back. Any idea if you can cycle on the M69?

Its illegal to cycle on motorways,your probably best going down the A 444 if you are that crazy

I am of course kidding. I'd probably go round the Cov ring road and along the M6 for a junction, M69 a bit out the way.

Not actually too sure which way I'd ride over where I to do so.

As long as you ride on the hard shoulder of the opposite carriageway, ie facing into traffic, then I'm sure you'll be fine JV.
Probably best ride to it at night wearing all black so nobody spots you.

drystonepaul":366vjr97 said:
As long as you ride on the hard shoulder of the opposite carriageway, ie facing into traffic, then I'm sure you'll be fine JV.
Probably best ride to it at night wearing all black so nobody spots you.

:LOL:

John":193sypvp said:
I am of course kidding. I'd probably go round the Cov ring road and along the M6 for a junction, M69 a bit out the way.

Not actually too sure which way I'd ride over where I to do so.

Looking at my route for me John its mapping me through Leamington, If you wanted a lift there give us a shout :cool:

HarryCrumb":ndbb9yvq said:
I'll be riding the 1989 Raleigh Elix, and will be bringing the T4 camper will there be somewhere to park up for the night?

280520121083.jpg

You are more than welcome to stay over, just pull up on the car park and we'll sort you out.

John":3e2bx10p said:
Should be able to make at least the start of the ride, although sadly I'll have to head off early doors due to having something else on in the afternoon.

Could someone give me an idea on the route, thinking of riding over and back. Any idea if you can cycle on the M69?

First half is Ridge lane, Ansley, Old Arley, Shawbury, Maxstoke, Corley and Corley Moor, past Corley Services, Astley, Ansley, Galley Common, Hartshill and back up past Ridge Line with maybe a pause for beer?

I know a nice routr from the brewery through lane up to Meriden, Berkswell, Warwick etc....drop me a pm.

Karl

HarryCrumb":v3cqcshy said:
grumpycommuter":v3cqcshy said:
You are more than welcome to stay over, just pull up on the car park and we'll sort you out.

cheers ;)

no probs.

It just occurred to me to mention that if anyone coming is of a 'metrosexual' nature, we have a shower in the brewery which can be used if required. I would hate to be responsible for anyone suffering from the seven signs of ageing....

Back