Retrobike National Series Rd 3: Surrey Hills ~ Aftermath

Really enjoyed my first Retrobike ride

If, as a newbie, i can offer Max, John and you seasoned pros some constructive feedback it would be that he second half of the ride was much better than the first

Something for you to work on for next year.

Rick

my observation

trickylad":7iy0ewjc said:
Really enjoyed my first Retrobike ride

If, as a newbie, i can offer Max, John and you seasoned pros some constructive feedback it would be that he second half of the ride was much better than the first

Something for you to work on for next year.

Rick

also as a relative newbie (1 previous ride) i have to disagree ! the trails we were taken on were outstanding, both before and after lunch. therefore i can only assume that the beer played a significant part in your conclusions of this ride. nothing wrong with that at all, as long as you go home with fond memories. :D

Another great Retrobike National ride :D
Great single track, espcially the last downhill to the carpark.

Thanks go to all the orgainisers plus special mention to Max for keeping me going on the long climbs :)

Also thanks to Rob Atkin & Drystone Paul for the advice on my neck after the small incident at the bombhole :LOL:

Can't wait for Mayhem :)

also as a relative newbie (1 previous ride) i have to disagree ! the trails we were taken on were outstanding, both before and after lunch. therefore i can only assume that the beer played a significant part in your conclusions of this ride. nothing wrong with that at all, as long as you go home with fond memories.

My ability to write jokes is clearly as bad as my car key management. (I didn't get to ride the first half because frankly I'm a lemon)

Chalked it up to experience and still really enjoyed it.

Another cracking day out. Big thanks to the organisers Max (BobCatMax) and Pete (Woodsman) with support from various others on the day an of course Jon (GreenRabbit) and DSP for making it happen.

Highlights from the day

➡️ Great company as ever. This is indeed why.
➡️ The bikes. Fats, Kleins, Ritcheys, Rockys, a rusty Kona, some not rusty Konas and everything in between.
➡️ The weather. Happy days.
➡️ The trails. Excellent and very retro friendly. Not sure why I've not ridden there since '08.
➡️ Burgergate
➡️ The pub lunch. Sitting in a beer garden with a pint and a sandwich in the sun. Could be worse. Maybe next year the pub won't be taken by surprise by people wanting to buy food and drink.
➡️ Cresting one of the trickier drops of the day just in time to see Hilts take a lie down at the bottom.
➡️ Did I mention the trails?
➡️ Learning all about Winnebago batteries from any123. Thanks!
➡️ The ever present rumble of kingroon's Disk Drive.

Look forward to the photos, see you all at Mayhem :)

any123":3qgmx4zd said:
I would say great food but the bar lady conned me with all her big words. I think all knew how i felt about my food Lol.

Look forward to the next round.

Thanks Andy

Would that be due to the fact that you inadvertently ate my Lunch, I must say your chips were very nice and an unexpected welcome addition to mine although the lack of red onion in the sandwich made it a tad bland :LOL:

Thanks to all for a dry, dusty day's riding. A great route with terrific sections both morning and afternoon.
There was a prize-category missed, 'dismount of the year', shortly before Gruff's tumble.
The pub garden was perfect.
Not easy to keep 45 (?) riders together in forested singletrack, people have gone astray in the Forest of Dean, and Cannock (for Heaven's sake)..so very very well done.
:D

Perfect day, thanx all for the guiding, trails, pub and company; and getting to put a few faces to names. :)

Back