'95 DBR WCF Vertex

Fellow 1995 DBR WCF Vertex riders, what size is the BB shell on this rig?

Hi, they are a 68mm BB shell on these.......however if you want to fit the modern external style BB I understand you're meant to get the shell 'faced' so that it's perfectly parallel, maybe better to replace with period correct parts........after all, they've lasted this long!

Get some pics of your's posted up.

P.S. Love your sig., have you seen this :shock: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69094

Thanks Jango for the info on the BB! -much apreciated.

Jango":3fyjahy3 said:
maybe better to replace with period correct parts........after all, they've lasted this long!
-Only just though, cranks & bb are pretty shot after maybe 8yrs max of regular riding. I get your thinking but don't share it. If I could get a brand new pair of modern cranks and BB set up without too much hassle I'd go for it tbh..
-Are there still "new" old bits from that era floating about?

So far all the mods my bike has been through (i.e. replacing worn out/snapped parts with current era componentry) have had a really positive effect on it's overall capabilities: Modern 80mm travel marazocchis & a front avid disc, being the most notable improvements

will see about getting a pic or two up, just found some dusty pics from the 90s last weekend...

I've seen the link, ta.

Lol @ this bit: oops!
!BYCuuug!2k~$(KGrHgoOKiYEjlLmep38BKfeQWgisQ~~_35.JPG

"mental note to self, my bike doesn't like rigid forks" :)

Here's a pic of mine.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... 6aa2d4f394
a work in progress.

In the past 3 years I have rekindled my taste for the dirt and picked up one of my old steeds which hadn't seen too much action since the late nineties.

First things to replace were the Bonty racelight handlebars, shocks, front brake (stuck a front disc on), and new wheels, then a snapped ritchey seatpost (anyone got a nice black 27.0 going?)......

eventually the only original parts today: rear shifter, derailleurs (fr & r), saddle and seatpost clamp.

It was brought back from the dead by a mate of mine in December who managed to get the "15 years old and never touched let alone looked at" steel bottom bracket out of the steel bottom bracket shell. The two pieces had fused into one, it was scary :? Much Plus gas/liquids and brute force later things worked out ok.

I see it like the equivalent of a successful hip operation ;)
-back on the trail again!

1995 DBR WCF and still going strong

All parts original including the tires. The only changes were the XT pedals with toe clips and the bar ends.
I love the ride and the hill climbing characteristics of this bike so much that I use it only for specific rides, thus it has not seen many miles. They were/are lovely to look at too. Climbs hills like a 22 pound lightweight. She weighs 24 pounds. [/img]

Attachments

• Mountain Bikes 003.jpg
    Mountain Bikes 003.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 668
Just finished getting my baby back into a rideable condition after 5 years abandoned in my garden. The kevlar beaded tyres had to be replaced (perished away) and the original grip shifters had seized beyond repair so they had to be replaced. Other than that the mech's, brakes, BB and the wheels have been salvageable. Still rides like a dream and looks as classy as ever.

Saddle Sore Sam":2llxjt4q said:
Just finished getting my baby back into a rideable condition after 5 years abandoned in my garden. The kevlar beaded tyres had to be replaced (perished away) and the original grip shifters had seized beyond repair so they had to be replaced. Other than that the mech's, brakes, BB and the wheels have been salvageable. Still rides like a dream and looks as classy as ever.
Super, please post a pic once she is 'on the trails'.

clockworkgazz":3no8ygbs said:
Never seen one of those before, looks very nice and light, how does it ride and how strong are the CF tubes if you take a tumble?

Learning to ride without crashing is the answer, ;) they do break if you drop them on a rock sadly. Wonderful build though, always liked the early DBR Frames.

Back