Skipton Social.. MAY- 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich Aitch":1qc8jess said:
giant-one":1qc8jess said:
Thats it Marc you've mentioned the weather, it'll piss it down with storm force gales now :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

Yes! The beck through town is about to burst it's banks, I've never seen it so high, and I expect the fields will be in the river Aire at Connonely. I've had to put my mud tyres on for SUnday. Cheers, Marc!

Er flooded fields, hell yes and the main road near Bradley also. Eller Beck in skipton did burst its banks about 5-6 years ago, they dumped a load of rubble in the Canal outside the Royal Shepherd to dam it up.

It looks dry for Sun but there will be a lot of surface water. :D

Nice one Martin :D

Rich.
These were taken 2000. The normal running level of the beck is about 10ft below the wall line :shock:

In the 2nd pic, there is a footpath running down the wall side that is well under water.

the 3rd pic shows the canal basin and the toe path should be a couple of foot above the water line.

Attachments

• DSCF0127rr.JPG
    DSCF0127rr.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 639
  • DSCF0121rr.JPG
    DSCF0121rr.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 639
  • DSCF0131rr.JPG
    DSCF0131rr.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 639
This is the dam they made in the canal. Ella Beck is on the right behind the wooden fence.
Oh and this was Focus and Morrisons car park :D

Attachments

• DSCF0105rr.JPG
    DSCF0105rr.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 638
  • DSCF0107rr.JPG
    DSCF0107rr.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 638
  • 43flooding1.jpg
    43flooding1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 636
After hearing a strange noise driving home from work just now I've found a siezed caliper has worn the near side front brake pads down to metal so I now have no transport :evil:

if that means the wheeler lives to see another day (and mr lee hasn't taken ot) then i'll have it next time we meet. there, thats cheered you up !

Unclejack":356zdad6 said:
if that means the wheeler lives to see another day (and mr lee hasn't taken ot) then i'll have it next time we meet. there, thats cheered you up !

Its all yours mate ;)

Unclejack":zojfi91e said:

I may have a surprise for Lee and it certainly ant a pioneer :LOL:

I will have a look around the cave to see what needs to go, but Im sure the special guest will be bringing some tat as well ;)

Hope you get the car sorted Chris, If not can't you twist Ben's arm to drive :roll:

giant-one":27yc5dax said:
This is the dam they made in the canal. Ella Beck is on the right behind the wooden fence.
Oh and this was Focus and Morrisons car park :D

Thanks for the photo's Rick,
Someone in town was talking about the Canal St emergency Dam the other day but I thought that that must have been the great flood of 1979, I didn't realise it was so recent.
When I got into work yesterday there was an email for me from the Environment Agency with a flood warning [For the day before... saying I might need to evacuate]. In all the years I've been signed up for flood alert that's the first time they've sent anything. Mind you a text would have been even better so that I could have known about it on the actual day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back