Farewell LBS :(

The Ken

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
That's my closest LBS shutting down in a day or 2, real shame. Bikeworx R.I.P. :cry:

Nice guy ran it but he says the internet has driven him out of business, he was up against a couple of other shops too but had unique lines and a friendly service. Location and saturation might have been against him too though.

He is looking to supplement his new day job with bike repairs out of a van, hope he does well, he deserves it. He did say the one benefit of closure will be getting time to ride again, so there is a little "up".

I've bought a pile of stuff from him over the years but never managed to afford a whole bike. Feel a little guilty about that but in reality it wouldn't have made a difference in the long run.

Farewell Bikeworx.

The Ken":1dme6s5s said:
That's my closest LBS shutting down in a day or 2, real shame. Bikeworx R.I.P. :cry:

Nice guy ran it but he says the internet has driven him out of business, he was up against a couple of other shops too but had unique lines and a friendly service. Location and saturation might have been against him too though.

He is looking to supplement his new day job with bike repairs out of a van, hope he does well, he deserves it. He did say the one benefit of closure will be getting time to ride again, so there is a little "up".

I've bought a pile of stuff from him over the years but never managed to afford a whole bike. Feel a little guilty about that but in reality it wouldn't have made a difference in the long run.

Farewell Bikeworx.
Sad to see another shop go. :(
This is the way its all going. :? At least for now the repair side of things has a chance of growth and there are 2 in glasgow[big al's and willy bain that are for the greater part given over to repair alone.
As long as people go to these places for repair and not the supermarkets or halfords.
The larger companies dont have a good reputation for servicing building etc and as long as it stays like that then our idea of what a bike shop is and represents will continue :?

Back