Bike selection help needed from you chaps...

SouthCoastRetro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi guys, I'm looking to get a new bike in the near future and would welcome some advice from some bike shop type people.

My main problem is that I am struggling to find a manufacturer that makes a nice sized bike as I'm 6' 8" tall and VERY heavy. I am swayed by the concept of 29'ers as they seem nice and big though I have just seen that Orange go up to 22" on their 5, though it's quite expensive.

I think I would be better off with a coil shocked bike as the spring seems a safer bet for me. I would obviously still need a big frame size and prefer a bit of length in the frame to suit my quite long torso.

Am I asking too much and does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks for your time,

This is true, been to look at some Oranges today and fell in love with the 5 and the Gyro, which is the 29" version of the 5.
Found it a bit odd that the 5 goes up to 22" and the Gyro comes in M or L (18" & 19") or would the extra wheel size make up for it? I'm confused.
Top tubes longer on the 22" 5 too.

And don't get me started on how lovely the black gold versions of these bikes are!!

Orange are making a limited run of the Gyro in the most colon sizes to see how much interest there will be. They will prob make the bigger sizes later this year.

I'm 6ft 5 and 18 1/2 st and ride a 2006 20" Orange 5. It's just on the verge of being a tad small.
You would defo need a 22" as probably do I :roll:

Back