You've been...THUNDERSTRUCK! (Tinker Adroit completed)

Amazingly one of the most famous Klein painters BITD, 'Nuke' who painted all Storm and Nightstorm frames, appeared on Facebook.
I asked some questions from him about my Team Storm and this is what he kindly let me know:

"Kai, these were the first type storm designed paint jobs. They were designed and painted by a guy named Kory Dow. I never painted any of those. I do believe there was very few produced. Very rare. They were early 90's,you can tell by the block letters. Around the time we started painting on our decals with the stencil method (for 1993 model year -Kai).

The reason they were team only is because of them being so time consuming to do. Time consuming, the way the clouds were applied. A stencil of a cloud was made and painted around, to get the shape of the clouds. Would take Kory 8 hours to do only three. On the Nightstorm I used an air brush for the clouds, and came up with my own style of clouds. I could do 8-10 in an 8 hour day!"

storm29.jpg

storm27.jpg

Nice bit of history to go with it, always valuable towards it's character and past.

Back