2001 Orange 222 dh race bike

cyfa2809":29seqo0b said:
Mad max 222!

I guess it is a little rad - as they call it in mc circles. But all intact and fully working. Goint to be build up with the best pars again. Hadly hubs, tioga rims, Manitou dorado forks, thomson, fox dhx 5.0 ect... so going to be as fast as ever!

Regarding the BB threads, BETD can machine out the old threads and fit an insert back to the correct thread size. Looking forward to seeing build photos though :)

sam264":14uob3ar said:
Regarding the BB threads, BETD can machine out the old threads and fit an insert back to the correct thread size. Looking forward to seeing build photos though :)

I cross my fingers thatbthe Italian threads will be good now that the bb don't have to be tighten so hard any more as it don't carry the boomerang. But it is good to know that betd does this stuff. Could come in handy.

Orange 222 in original Team Global Colours

Hey Yetidh9. This is one of the Original Team Global bikes that belonged to Greg Minnaar. Its pretty as stock as when it was used with the exception of the pedals, upper crown and tyres. It needs a little TLC but i hope this will help in finding the images you are looking for.

Attachments

• IMG_1598.JPG
    IMG_1598.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 868
  • IMG_1599.JPG
    IMG_1599.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 868
  • IMG_1600.JPG
    IMG_1600.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 868
  • IMG_1602.JPG
    IMG_1602.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 868
Hot damm it is nice! And as you say pretty close to factory spec. As I see tyres are wrong (need michelings c22) but otherwise just as it should be.

The electric red boxxer looks really good on it. I so much need such a fork for my own.

Is it your bike? And if so let me hear more about the story of how you got it etc!

Hi Yetidh9

I know I have not been on the forum for some time to answer your question. I got the bike through Gregg many years ago, I know him through racing as I used to be on the South African mountain bike team. But for Cross Country only. I bought the bike because I just wanted to partake in some minor downhill races. But given the constraints of the current work life. this is now not possible. I need your advice on this bike. As have not ridden it in about 2 years, what do you feel I can sell it for?

Hi,
My friend just sold a nice 222. He got very little for it. But write me an pp. I might be interested...

Btw I am just started to build up mine last week... So this is a quite fun coincident :)

Back