My 99 Lobo Restoration and build

The anodised are from Pro-Bolt but they won't fit the stock trunion.

I couldn't find anything like the original bolt so I switched size because I could to something more easily available.

You could have some made easily. The shop made those shock spacers for £35 cash so it wouldn't be too bad.

Magsy":e1u320dk said:
Many thoughts on shock, to put the Lobo trunion on would require total disassembly and you would not be able to easily adjust ride height because of the resivoir. I could bore it out and use the nuts but thats a bit crude.

It is held in Yeti Straight 8 with two M5 bolts into a mini trunion, not at all happy about this but it was ok in that application. Shock has steel helicoils already so decided to 'bolt' the mounts on and see how it goes. I was going to go all needle roller bearing here but the sizes are just not right and I'd have to machine the Lobo mounting out a little which I don't want to do.

I made a quick render which was turned into 316 stainless steel by a local machine shop.

As you no more use it, can you provide me a pair of original bolt that hold the shock, because I ruin mine, and I even ignore what diameter there are... :roll:

alu2l.jpg

:cry:

WOW!
I'm really jelous , have you had the frame powder coated yet?
As i have come across a product called JB WELD
and people repair cylinder head blocks with it and will withstand the powder coating process.
There is even a guy on you tube whom shoot's a slug of the stuff from a 12 guage shot gun and it goes right through a car :shock:

I'm getting some next week :D

How did fitting the bigger shock go? If you look back at the 'factory' team bikes of 97-99 they all had the bigger shock you are using. For some reason they never sold them on the lobo to the public? Realibilty?? How easy was it to hange the bottom of the shock over? a simple unscrew? I'm going to do the same to my Lobo i think and try and make a full on factory rae bike replica! Please post more pictures soon!

I'm being really slack, if you could see my living room floor...two lobos, four shocks, two sets of wheels, somehow up to 6 hope hubs and more calipers than bikes.

I'm just waiting for a slot to paint the frame because its a proper job it will take me a few days and I just need the time. Soon though, very soon!

I had the rear end back from the 'pro' polisher and it kinda sucks. Shiny as feck but he really ran out of steam I think. There is a lot of pitting you couldn't see prior and in a few places I admit, tubes to thin to sand out but on the big chunky bits he should have sorted it. To be fair he cut the bill in half because he was not happy himself.

The pro deluxe is heavy, very heavy. I will weigh it sometime for you but that and cost would be a factor I guess. The couple deluxe does seem a bit cheap on a bike this high end, when better was available. It can't all be about cost...surely?

For some reason I'm thinking Monster T's on polished frame, red n black theme, mostly retro. Fox 36 on the soon to be white frame with modern bits and an eye to keeping weight down.

Back