1991 Chas Roberts D.O.G.S. B.O.L.X

Giom6

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Thought I would start the build thread on my newly purchased D.O.G.S B.O.L.X off of eBay. Its currently staying with Nevadamith (cheers mate!), but the plan is to do a full respray and rebuild it as close to the Justin Loretz bike as possible.

Still trying to determine the actual year of the frame as the serial number I have didn't match anything on Chas's records but I think there is a digit missing. I am going to get Chas to build a stem that was an option with the frame in the 90's and then get Colourtech to do the respray and stencil the graphics as per the original bikes :)

I have sourced some of the parts which I will add the to thread when they are delivered, but for starters here are some of the pictures as it arrived at Nevadasmith's... :)

If anybody spots anything they want, as I don't really want any of it, let me know and I'm sure we can sort something out.

G

-----------------
Hopefully it will look something like this when its finished :cool:

Good luck with this one mate, i have pulled up a chair, and am looking forward to seeing your progress.

:cool: Proper cool. :cool:

Attachments

• img160.jpg
    img160.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 10,469
Thanks mate, make yourself comfortable as it might take a while :)

Carl, how many numerals does your serial number have? The one Nevada gave me was 5 figures long...

Mmmm comfy looking saddle ;)

If your frame is anything like mine, the first digit of the number is missing.

I did a bit of scraping, and soon revealed the missing digit, a 9. I could then tell mine was made in 92.

Looking forward to getting my own build underway, but I'll be watching this one closely, so that I can nick any good ideas and claim them as my own :twisted:

Am I the only one that loves the red/yellow paintwork?

Ps if the chains not too stretched I'll have it!

Tc

Ps if the chains not too stretched I'll have it!

Tc

NeilM":3hexp321 said:
Mmmm comfy looking saddle ;)

If your frame is anything like mine, the first digit of the number is missing.

I did a bit of scraping, and soon revealed the missing digit, a 9. I could then tell mine was made in 92.

Looking forward to getting my own build underway, but I'll be watching this one closely, so that I can nick any good ideas and claim them as my own :twisted:

May be that's the missing digit, it would make sense. I don't think the frame could be a 2001 as the seller said he bought it second hand in 98!

Tc":24ih49t0 said:

Ps if the visions not too stretched I'll have it!

Tc

I don't mind the red/yellow paintwork, its just I've always loved the look of the white/black race bikes. It just oozes class to me but then who am I to say...

P.S. If its not you can have it ;)

Latest posts

Back