MM12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Any spaces left? No sweat if not as I am more than happy to have a crack at soloing whilst mixing it up with the RB massive...

My plan would be:

Do a lap
Drink beer
Heckle
Rest/sleep
<repeat above in no particular order for 24 hours>

NB Saying that I would contemplate doing MM solo makes it sound as though I can ride a bike for longer than a few hours which would be thoroughly misleading...!

Cheers guys

Looking forward - read: somewhat scared and wondering what I am letting myself in for - to taking part this year after having been 2yrs ago to help support a mate of mine.

Starting to think about what I need to do on the bike and getting lights etc - already started the training/conditioning for it though;
Thurs - 12.5miles
Fri - 16.5miles
Sunday - 26.5miles

Oh and there's no modern rig that I'll be dragging around - just my 2001 Gary Fisher HKEK with a few little updates.

BRING IT!

Ok, so i just put my money where my mouth is and entered MM - Look forward to meeting everyone up there and putting names to faces etc.

*EDIT* I hail from Wilts and would be appreciative of grabbing a lift from people heading in that direction, Cheers

Cheers guys

Just put our entry in - so full steam ahead now; glad I started preparations for it 2wks ago!

Apparently single male class is already almost full and only few places left!

Cannot wait - need to get out on my bike tonight!

It starts here..........

Just got back from hand delivering several of the Retrobike team entries.
Had a nice sunny road ride in the hills around Buxton and then a nice coffee and a chat with Pat.

Big cheque handed over and 6 teams entered. The other 4 teams should hopefully now have been submitted online by the team captains and/or AECs.

So we have 65 riders representing Retrobike this year. There were about 50 last year so we'll need an even bigger section of campsite in June.

The teams are as follows:

'Retrobike - South West Ten' - 10 man
'Retrobike - West Midlands Ten'- 10 man
'Retrobike - East Midlands Ten' - 10 man
'Retrobike - Anglian & Lincs Flatlanders Ten' - 10 man
'Retrobike NWA - Unleash the Inner Chimp' - 4 man
'Retrobike NWA - Beyond The Granny (ring)' - 4 man
'Retrobike - Anglian & Lincs Flatlanders Four' - 4 man
'Retrobike - South East Four' - (Team 1) - 4 man
'Retrobike - South East Four' - (Team 2) - 4 man
'Retrobike NWA - Mixed assortment' - 5 person

Please post up and let me know if there have been any other Retrobike teams or solo riders entered.

Roll on June!

Evidence of Logchopper greasing the wheels at Pat's country pile... analogue entry beats digital every time!

Attachments

• Logchopper at work.jpg
    Logchopper at work.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 521
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back