Old team MBUK bike with Jo Burt paint job...

Simon":ah1h577f said:
Jo was kind enough to send me a dozen or so sheets of the stickers, so at some point I'm planning on getting a graphics shop to make me up a bunch.

That is a very cool idea. Maybe Gil could sort something.

Interestingly (or boringly) enough I had a bike which once belonged to Mr Burt. It too got stolen.

Jo Burt, what a character!

I was at Cyclex, 1991 I think, and I saw Dave Hemmings bike, said Dog Bolx, and Jo had painted a sketch of Dave Hemming's Mum on the seat tube doing the hoovering :LOL:

There was also a Yeti Ultimate in white with white porcs and thousands of the Mint Sauce flowers clustered all over it...wish I had taken a photo now :(

Rich

Re: Flowered Up

tangent":2htebblb said:
The feature had Jo & Mint Sauce (in a cardboard cut out style) being interviewed down on Brighton seafront - I recall a pic of said Zinn with its white porcs where Jo was in the midst of doing a big skid turn, and there was a comedy white line of chalk drawn on the tarmac...it was a sweet bike, think the mag was a summer or spring special from around the early 90s...?

Got it sitting in front of me - it's the '91 Christmas special. My scanner is out of action at the moment + I think Jo Burt would pay me not to post the pictures of him in some highly embarrasing early 90's attire...

:eek:

Re: Flowered Up

gilesP":3h4rvjns said:
tangent":3h4rvjns said:
The feature had Jo & Mint Sauce (in a cardboard cut out style) being interviewed down on Brighton seafront - I recall a pic of said Zinn with its white porcs where Jo was in the midst of doing a big skid turn, and there was a comedy white line of chalk drawn on the tarmac...it was a sweet bike, think the mag was a summer or spring special from around the early 90s...?

Got it sitting in front of me - it's the '91 Christmas special. My scanner is out of action at the moment + I think Jo Burt would pay me not to post the pictures of him in some highly embarrasing early 90's attire...

:eek:

Post it! Didn't that article feature some 'live action' mint?

Dead easy - if anyone can email me a high-res (1200dpi) scan of some of the flowers I can get a large size sheet of good quality thin-cast vinyls printed.
I have a mate who owns a large-format digital printing business, I am sure I can blag him to run me some off for the price of a pint!

Happy to share!

(does Jo have copyright on these? If so, it would be polite to ask 1st)

I'm going to be painfully slow at this, but I'll have a look to see if they're here with me, at my girlfriends place, at my parents house or in storage. If / when I find them I'll scan them or mail them to someone to scan.

Here you are you lucky people! The Jo Burt 'minterview' in full. Sorry for the delay in sorting out the scanning...

burt1.jpg

Back