Recommendations for External BB

6805 bearings

Going to order some SKF bearings I think. Then replace what will be cheap crap in there, doesn't matter about the carriers it's all about the bearings and on the crucial parts of the thing in my avatar it's important so we use SKF or RHP, going to apply the same principles to the bike.

Carl.

drcarlos":3hfq239d said:
6805 bearings

Going to order some SKF bearings I think. Then replace what will be cheap crap in there, doesn't matter about the carriers it's all about the bearings and on the crucial parts of the thing in my avatar it's important so we use SKF or RHP, going to apply the same principles to the bike.

Carl.

Bearings AND seals ;)

I was going to meantion any BB with an enduro upgrade.

How are people getting the bearings out?

Used Raceface because they came with cranks and both have been absolutely bob on despite most users having issues. Use a Hope Ceramic on my main bike and that has worked like a dream.

I'm rather pleased with the Pace BB so far. I've sold 2 t o punters so far and am using one myself with no problems in Danish winter conditions so far.

But the Hope BB is also a huge improvement on the Shimano and FSA catastrophes.

cyfa2809":11rij4a5 said:
Is fsa use the same size axle as shimano/raceface?

back to the OP - FSA aren't compatible with Shimano, Hope, RF etc are they?

never hear anything bad about Hope EBBs so if that fits your FSA I'd go for that

My FSA uses a 24mm hollow axle, I have no idea what the latest XT kit uses, the current BB is a Mega Exo BB-7000 by the looks of it.
Some of them state that they are not for use with FSA cranks but some have no compatibility listed at all, nothing on Shimano website as far as axle diameter goes and Hope don't list them as being compatible. I'm not entirely happy with the thought of another MegaExo as it would seem like £40 down the drain if the first muddy ride shafts it.
Can't get to any LBS as I fly out to Copenhagen tomorrow at stupid o'clock and don't get back until Thursday evening.
I was supposed to be riding this one at the weekend on the Southdowns but I don't think I'll get time to get the correct part and fit it now.

Carl.

Back