Help identifying bike

Ha! Yes, one of those lucky finds that are becoming rarer now with ebay etc. I was on the way back from saying a fond farewell to our Christmas tree at the local recycling centre, spotted it outside the charity shop and screeched to a halt and sprinted over for a quick look....only for a bloke and his wife to stop and give it a serious once over. However, using the best Jedi mind trick I could muster "this isnt the old bike you are looking for" they moved on.

£20 was a bargain indeed and was worth the delight on my wife's face as I added to our already cluttered garage (7 bikes (not all mine - I have 3 kids), old car + spares, one to-be-fixed Tamiya Monster Beetle etc. etc.)

Might need a Jedi mind trick to convince my better half that the two bikes about to be added to my own collection are necessary bargains. "This isn't the argument you're looking for."

Would that "D" stamped on the lugs be the "D" from "Daccordi" by any chance? Any Daccordi experts able to confirm or deny?

Maybe - from what I can see on the net, daccordi bikes have the "D" on the forks and also "Daccordi" on the top of the seat stays - which mine doesnt have....but it does have the holes in the bottom bracket shell....see attached.

Attachments

• IMG-20120121-00265.jpg
    IMG-20120121-00265.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 919
Daccordis usually have a second number under the BB which is the top tube centre-to-centre measurement. I am assuming 57 is the seat tube measurement rather than the frame number. The "D" cutout in the lugs doesn't look like the Daccordi square style they used in the 1980s but they've been going a long time and fashions change so who knows.

It looks a good frame whatever it is and a real bargain too! You'll have do things like find out what size the seatpost is, what threading the BB is etc. etc to narrow down the type of tubing and country of origin if you're that bothered.

For now just ride and enjoy!
Mark.

I am certainly enjoying this particular bargain buy. Made a few small changes - saddle and bar tape for the retro look. May respray it in the coming months.

Attachments

• Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 764
I bought some Daccordi decals off ebay from Australia (amazing quality and incredibly easy to apply) and have put them on where I liked as opposed to trying to be faithful to any original. I didnt put them all on but went for a half way house which I think looks pretty good. Now, I just need all the ice to melt....

Attachments

• P1016048.JPG
    P1016048.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 321
Back