steerer tube help

• Thread starter Deleted member 13859
  • Start date
you can't just find get old geezer with a welder to do it as the extended part needs to be of same diameter and be put in line else the stem will not fit or will point in wrong diretion.

it seems like i have bought the most awkward pair of forks ever!! i cant find spares for them anywhere. :(

02gf74":3c9vdr1k said:
you can't just find get old geezer with a welder to do it as the extended part needs to be of same diameter and be put in line else the stem will not fit or will point in wrong diretion.

Hey -as a great respecter of old geezers with welders I resent that! :p :LOL:

Yeah okay, get someone competent to do it - local motorbike guys will be ideal to point you in the right direction, they'll know someone by reputation for sure. It ain't that clever though - 1 1/8" tube, cut it straight with a tube cutter and it'll line up okay. When we had a machine shop our boys would've had it done in less time than it took you to make them a brew and it'd be immaculate, sadly we don't any more :(

Grannygronder may be able to do it as he had to do it to his before.

Otherwise, low stack stem and headset?

thanks for the suggestions guys but the forks are going back to the seller as the rebound cart is blown and all manner of stuff wrong. bloody ebay :evil:

Back