Chorus-equipped Vitus 992 - Project finished

The larger one that isn't going to get ridden that much... is that for sale by any chance? It's exactly what I'm looking! I'm in the UK but would be willing to pay postage etc.

Cor, that's a nice bike

Nice bike. Very period perfect. I haven't seen Hutchinson Kevlar tyres for, i dunno, 20 years!

Rich34":2f7z9eyv said:
I know Leboncoin well! I found my 979 on there for 120 Euros, as a complete bike. I've found a few other bargains on there: a complete and original 531 Mercier for 70 Euros, a complete, original (down to the tyres...) Dawes Galaxy for 45 Euros, a complete Mavic groupset from a guy near Narbonne, a Gilco-tubed CBT Italia for 50 Euros and I've just found a '91 Scott mountain bike for 60 Euros from a bloke in Nimes. Like you say, the retro scene here isn't really that big and people don't appreciate what they have.

When I think I came here for the weather and the wine...! :shock:

do not entirely agree with that ;)
being in the country helps a lot especially as it helps when you can pick up and there is less "competition" from other bike lovers

now around paris, a lot of people believe their bike whatever the age and equipment is worth a 100 to 150 . :cry:
MTB probably more than roadbikes
Possibly road bikes from less well known brands are cheaper especially in the country. but now that the "fixie craze" is gathering speed , nice road bikes are up in prices too :roll:

about the vitus, I have always found them very elegant but I have been told, they are not that rigid, because of the bonds so if you want a flexible bike its OK but else that maybe a bit od a drawback :?

any user feedback about that ?

It's true that Paris and the rest of the country often have differences...! :LOL: You're right about the fixie craze down here too - I see more and more old bikes advertised as "ideal for a fixie conversion." It's nice to see that old bikes get used, but some of them are a bit far gone.

I was advised by a local bike shop not to take my Vitus to the Alps last year as "they are so flexible." In the end I took a different bike because I sold the Vitus, but I would have happily taken it. Some bloke called Sean Kelly did alright on a Vitus a few years back as I recall.

Back