Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ 25/02/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
weather check for you taken half way up whinlater woods about 2 miles from keswick infact you can see keswick behind me ,taken today, sorry about the bike but just haven't braved trying the kona yet !
010-4.jpg

012.jpg

:D It's been freezing past few days here, that snow was only on the hills and up near shap.....

That barn looks ideal, no lights or electricity, just a wood stove for heating, unless spooning is preferred?

saltyman":2jpop72n said:
That barn looks ideal, no lights or electricity, just a wood stove for heating, unless spooning is preferred?

No good if like me you have no camping gear suited for that kind of place.

I am struggling to find a reasonably priced B+B - most won't let you book for 1 night... :-(

Rob Atkin":3lynfkx0 said:
saltyman":3lynfkx0 said:

No good if like me you have no camping gear suited for that kind of place.

I am struggling to find a reasonably priced B+B - most won't let you book for 1 night... :-(

Just need a sleeping bag and pillow surely? Or even just a duvet (or two) if you don't have a bag - I have plenty of mats and the like if you need, lighting and cooking we can do between us (BBQs/gas stoves), no problem :) It won't be toastie, but certainly no worse than a tent and we'll get the fire burning as soon as we arrive! More the merrier though - that's what will keep the temperature up, especially with the extra cooking :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back