Late 90's SYNCROS polished cranks...

Syncros cranks...

Yikes! They are pretty proud of those, even if they are NOS... Still a very, very nice crank set which will finish off your ride in style... I'll give you first dibs on my set if I part out the Ventana; just in case you want to keep the "show cranks" pristine for special occasions...:smile:

Speaking of stylish rides, do you have some pictures of the Bontrager posted somewhere?

How did you wind up in Switzerland?

Bontrager race

You had me going for a minute there, just looked like an empty post.

Nice ride! That frame just has great lines. The Marzocchi is perfect on it and with the new Syncros cranks... Sweet!

That was an empty post, must've hit the wrong button or something.

My bike has a Pace RC-31 rigid fork, not a Marzocchi.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=172034

Made several changes since I posted the photos, Thomson setback post, some blue bits, and most significantly added the Bontrager decal. Looks more like a 'proper' mtb - big improvement. Have Bontrager/Titec bars on the way as well. Just need a new set of hoops then I'll be done.
I'll post more pics when I get the new stuff on and when the weather improves.

Bonty

Well I stand by my comment about the great lines. :smile:

When the empty post showed up I stared at it for a minute thinking something was loading. When that didn't happen, I clicked on Gallery tab at the bottom of the box and photos of your Bonty pre-restoration showed up... Knew I wasn't crazy, I definitely saw a Marzocchi...

Love the semi-electric blue! The ridged fork is even sharper than the Marzocchi. In fact the whole restoration job is first rate, and the Syncros cranks will be icing...

Well done!

Syncros cranks...

WOW! That's great, very helpful!

Had no idea there was so much reference type material stored away in the RetroBike archives...

In the '97' catalogue the forging is the same, but the Syncros name is painted on. I haven't had time to get through all of the other years/material. It's quite literally more than I ever wanted to know... :LOL:

I'm sure the exact match is in there somewhere... I'll keep digging.

Thanks!

BontragerSchweiz":3r5phoe1 said:
No expert here, but I believe it's a process where the cranks were sort of 'rough' forged then milled/engraved and polished to achieve that lovely finish. Sweet cranks, I actually have the 10th anniversary set shipping over from the states for my 97 Bontrager Race in the next couple weeks. Looks exactly like yours except for an enameled badge on the drive side crankarm with a maple leaf and a 10 on it. Will post pics when it arrives.

My set are on a Merlin. ;)

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 0&start=95

so it was you who picked these up?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... NA:CA:1123

Attachments

• $(KGrHqR,!ioE6-48E6s+BO3T9I,t7!~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqR,!ioE6-48E6s+BO3T9I,t7!~~60_12.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 501
Guilty. They look like they have a brushed finish, don't they? Other ones I've seen seem to be polished. Had my sister in the states get them for me since the seller didn't ship to Switzerland. Still waiting...
Sweet Merlin - always lusted after one of those.

Back