BoTM January 2012 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
.[/quote]
Careful - Getting close to VRC chat there.... :twisted:[/quote]
They'd never let me in.

Anyways, wasn't it Groucho who said "I don't care to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member"?[/quote]

What is VRC ?

Neil":v6rfy1es said:
Anyways, wasn't it Groucho who said "I don't care to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member"?

LOL. So you are saying that you'd care to belong? ;)

Kind of an esoteric beast, Gecko Y-File (so named because the the fillet brazing was so tidy it didn't need to be filed). Ken Beach was the guy behind Gecko and got his start with Richard Cunningham in the SoCal scene. It is generally thought that the design of his Gecko Genesis inspired the MBA Ultimate bike project which begat the Yeti Ultimate and was important for EC bikes generally. He was also recognized as a tidy paint master.

This bike has a fairly understated build, mainly XT but some nice Specialized and Chris King add ons. I figured the build highlighted many of the tidy frame details.

DSCN2572.JPG

DSCN2573.JPG

bushpig":856l67m8 said:
Kind of an esoteric beast, Gecko Y-File (so named because the the fillet brazing was so tidy it didn't need to be filed). Ken Beach was the guy behind Gecko and got his start with Richard Cunningham in the SoCal scene. It is generally thought that the design of his Gecko Genesis inspired the MBA Ultimate bike project which begat the Yeti Ultimate and was important for EC bikes generally. He was also recognized as a tidy paint master.

This bike has a fairly understated build, mainly XT but some nice Specialized and Chris King add ons. I figured the build highlighted many of the tidy frame details.

DSCN2572.JPG

DSCN2573.JPG

Wow :shock:
That's absolutely stunning! I'd love to see that in the flesh

makster":1iq3ry4b said:
Wow :shock:
That's absolutely stunning! I'd love to see that in the flesh

Agree, totally awesome looking bike (apart from the saddle) :shock:

Cheers...Nick

bushpig":2yfp47p4 said:
Neil":2yfp47p4 said:
Anyways, wasn't it Groucho who said "I don't care to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member"?
LOL. So you are saying that you'd care to belong? ;)
Clearly I was too subtle. It's often a curse, but I've learned to live with it.

Truth be told, I've never really got, or been drawn to, scenarios where groups, metaphorically, gilt rope fence off a bit of the internet. Just as well, really...

PS: nice entry, btw

That's a beauty BP.

I would take a miracle for another bike to pull my vote after seeing that stem/headtube shot. (Could you post a pic of the full stem?...curious to see the cable routing)

cheers,

Steve

B*ll*cks!

Clicked on here with the intention of biting the bullet and entering one of mine, saw the Gecko and changed my mind! :oops:

Gorgeous bike or what...

The Gecko is a stunner!

I do have to agree the saddle needs to go, in favour of a white Selle Italia Turbo maybe. ;)

al.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back