2011 Turkey Twizzler aftermath thread

Big shout out to the Mr Lee for donating his kharma to me early doors as without his assistance I would have been a carpark spectator my brakes failed and he donated his shiny karma and I had a great day thanks to him
:D

cannock

top day out right enjoyed myself thanks to everyone for the picnic & martin for the bars+ the guy who gave me the skewers(sorry forget your name)the 80s bikes were cool quote of the day had to come from mr k "bunnyhopping on a bob jackson thats illegal"
cheers
spence

p.s should have warned people about the hidden log of doom though

At last - my internet connection is back!! Bl**dy router lost all it's info etc. for some god forsaken reason. Computers, who needs em!? (I do :oops: )

Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said? An other excellent RB'ing day out - a lot better than I was anticipating after being woken at 6.30 by driving rain. A quick look on the weather maps on telly showed that it should clear up so I was on my way at 8.00, arriving at 9.45. Lots of familiar faces and also new ones - including my old friend Dave (munkey-bwy) who I hadn't seen since the early 90's when we rode in the same local group. Trails were in a lot dryer condition than feared - if a bit bumpy on rigid - but the 'magnetic trees' were, as usual, a problem. Especially the felled one on the descent. I too was wondering why such an innocuous looking slope should be having so much attention - and then I found out!! I've got 2 rather large bruises very close to some extremely personal sections of my anatomy. Haven't dared to try sitting on a saddle yet. Very surprised to get the 'crash of the day' prize - thank you to whoever nominated me.

Here's to next year!

And possibly some more meets in the meantime ;) :D

Back