FTW's Yeti Ultimate bike

I guess I should have stuck with FTW's Ultimate in my description of the bike and not playfully referred to it as the original ultimate...

The value to me is the story and the great provenance. And the fact that thru my hobby I was able to do something worthwhile.

Was trying to be clever what with the previous Ultimate Ultimate thread :(

Apologies if I have ruffled any feathers, though I'm not sure anybody needs to get Angry about it.

Will check the serial number when I see the bike on Tuesday.

Congratulations. One of the most hyped non-raced bike design in history. The design only proved that elevated chain stays flex. Name or show a proven race record for a iconic ECS bike... ;-)

Anyway, helping Frank raise money for his friends was probably the best thing of all for this bikes storry and the fact it was build by the previous owner.

Silverfish":2eu38y1h said:
I guess I should have stuck with FTW's Ultimate

my Ultimate was previously owned by Bushpig

all respect for Bushpig, but as I don't have the money for a FTW one, this was my only chance to own an Ultimate

yeti-man":j8wqrsv0 said:
Name or show a proven race record for a iconic ECS bike... ;-)

Greg Herbold on his RidgeRunner?

H-BallKogaMiyataRidgeRunner580.jpg

Oh, no it was on the model of the previous year ;)

Elev12k":2tt4glkj said:
yeti-man":2tt4glkj said:
Name or show a proven race record for a iconic ECS bike... ;-)

Greg Herbold on his RidgeRunner?

H-BallKogaMiyataRidgeRunner580.jpg

Oh, no it was on the model of the previous year ;)

alpinestar also did ok ;)

stubbsy :D

love the ultinmate by the way

Thanks Thunderchild.

Serial number is pretty scratched up and there is a lot of paint on the BB shell, but it looks like it is U / 491.

Frank's pretty sure the first 5 that they built to 'prove' the tubing all had the / added - and that they were probably FRO BB shells. That's where this bike came from.

But more important than serial numbers - anyone recommend me the best way to fit a set of dry and crumbling tyres that are on their last legs - without actually destroying them completely? Is there a 'safe' way of doing it?

Get them nice and warm. Leave them in the window sill or on the parcel shelf of the car in the sun for a few hours.

Back