BoTM December 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
RobMac":2910atek said:
Si Im detecting a bit of tension in your post do you want me to book you in for a counselling session?
I never said quality photos were to be frowned upon I was meaning how can you compare your regular MTB'er against a regular MTB'er/ Pro Photographer in a photo/bike comp?
Have you had a bad day? :shock:

and i wasnt the one who mentioned bad or good photos,i know mine are like my bike,blurred and not the best

and i knew mine was gonna get slated,and as someone else mentioned earlier, i shant bother entering again,not that i have anything else suitable,unless you have a ratro comp :LOL:

johntomjoe":2fyjm0uv said:
how about this lovely piece of heavy duty unmolested machinery! still taking lots of abusive riding :LOL:

I have edited blurred piccie

How about a picture of where it belongs then? (added)

I know a photo taken by a pro photographer when I see one.

Um. I know a photo taken by someone who knows what they're doing when I see one, but I can't think of any way you'd identify them as a pro, as in someone who makes a living at it. There are amateurs who could make a living as pros if they wanted to, and there are pros who somehow make a living despite not being all that behind a camera (probably because the "taking pictures" bit is just one piece of the jigsaw). Just because a photo is of a professional standard doesn't mean that the photographer is a professional.

I'd be staggered if anyone had ever employed a pro photographer to put in a BOTM entry, that would seem mental.

Anyway. The thing with BOTM is that there are no criteria -- some people are voting for nice pictures, some for favourite brands, some for perceived effort, some for bikes they'd like to ride and I dare say some just for their mates, but it all counts. The beauty of that, of course, is that there's no sure-fire way to win, which is a good thing :)

I'd hate tho think that somewhere some one has a fantastic bike hiding away or under construction and is now afraid to show it because they're no photographer.
Some times a picture out shines it's subject sometimes it's the other way round.
I'd rather they were all posted and shared, after all thats the point isn't it.

"I'd be staggered if anyone had ever employed a pro photographer to put in a BOTM entry, that would seem mental."

No stop there, somebody else brought that up earlier but I just left it.
I never said employed a photographer, I said were any of the entrants pro or semi-pro photographers.

MikeD":23y1jl9f said:
I'd be staggered if anyone had ever employed a pro photographer to put in a BOTM entry, that would seem mental.

Ummm, a certain recent, flawless resto al-mega DX springs to mind?? ;)

Jussa":12fabzp8 said:
Neil, you are a gent and summed up many of our feelings in one post :) thankyou, now lest get back to BOTM, c'mon John, time for the Poll :)

Jussa :)
+1
Most of us want to see bikes and pictures!
Pse have pity with us foreigners who do not master properly this beautiful english language and need their dictionnary to translate lengthy complicated arguments ;)

.[/quote]

10/10 for plagiarism actually... ;)[/quote]

i only used the word...... didnt invent it.....god forbid ;) :!:

and i knew youd comment if i said this :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back