All sorted now......cheers

sex one

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello there. I realise this may not be the right era but this site is better than the others hence the post.

I'm looking for a groupset inc chainrings-cassette-chain-shifters(pref integrated brake/shifter) and front mech.....this where I get confused though as the bike I've got acquired looks to have 2 bolts for a mech to bolt to near the bottle cage mounts on the seattube. Any ideas if I can just run a normal 34.9 bottom pull mech?

Thanks in advance

Gary

Sounds like the front mech holes are for a braze on hanger which I presume is missing. You should get away with using a band on 34.9mm.

No bud. No picture supposed to be there. I saw the pics of your tcr and it all made sense lol.

Just wish I could justify spending out on your ultegra groupset

Any idea as to where I can pick up an adapter plate for the front mech? eBay on throws up the band on adapters.

EDIT. Ignore that. Just found one

I have got a 600 Ultegra 8 speed STI groups for £150...

P1120482.jpg

http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55 ... 600%20STI/

Thanks for the offer tel but I don't need anything near that sort of quality. I just need/want the low end parts so I can ruin them out on the road over winter.

Cheers anyway, the braze on info was most helpful

Gary

Thanks for the offer hamster but I've managed to get everything needed in one bundle. If I hadn't, I'd have bought yours.

Cheers anyway

Back