Forgive me my singlespeed friends.......

I think he has abandoned 98 :LOL:

As for tyres, my shcwalbe crazy bobs are heavy and massive but have bead to bead tread. I still managed to almost slide out on them a couple times though for being too sideways! :shock:

Almost knee down on a pushbike.

cyfa2809":2l0k03tg said:

As for tyres, my shcwalbe crazy bobs are heavy and massive but have bead to bead tread. I still managed to almost slide out on them a couple times though for being too sideways! :shock:

Almost knee down on a pushbike.

Nope...I'm here still ;) just very busy with other stuff. The DK is finished off with some stuff from the Vicious. I don't exactly know what I am doing but I think the rough plan is to keep the DK as my classic retro stylee bike, and build something else, modern, forks, disc brakes

Yeh, the tyres, I have become used to them...I think I will feel 10x fitter when I fit narrower and lighter tyres, not sure which yet. I'm only commuting at the moment so was thinking Marathon Supremes (I think they are called that)

First impressions DK vs Vicious and this is based on nothing but road riding, is that the DK seems more 'composed', a little stiffer maybe. The Vicious seems to have more flex and feels lighter, whippier, if that makes sense.

Biggest diff. from builds is the Phil rear hub, it's almost silent compared to my previous Hope Pro3, just a gentle tick. And the wheels roll, and roll, and roll.

Will you be changing your avatar once the vicious sells? I was damn tempted to buy it but could not justify the cost once getting it to NZ was included. Your dekerf is lovely though!

Harryburgundy":1n594zpn said:
I think I will feel 10x fitter when I fit narrower and lighter tyres, not sure which yet.

Ligher yes, but why narrower. Fat tire bikes with 26" skinny road tires look just, well, ....wrong (to me anyway). I use an older set of Fast Freds in 2.35 and some Furious Freds too. The latter are 300 and some grams, light but grippy and roll more than fast enough for me.

But YMMV, my commute also takes me over some woodland hardpack sections. In fact I take the long way home to include those :cool: .

Enjoy!!

Agree...I don't like skinny tyres...the Marathons come in 2.0 I think. I had looked at FF's but I do prefer a bit of puncture protection

mike_eb":13gim5pr said:
Will you be changing your avatar once the vicious sells? I was damn tempted to buy it but could not justify the cost once getting it to NZ was included. Your dekerf is lovely though!

:LOL: I suppose I should

Harryburgundy":14d7hb4t said:
cyfa2809":14d7hb4t said:

)

First impressions DK vs Vicious and this is based on nothing but road riding, is that the DK seems more 'composed', a little stiffer maybe. The Vicious seems to have more flex and feels lighter, whippier, if that makes sense.

Biggest diff. from builds is the Phil rear hub, it's almost silent compared to my previous Hope Pro3, just a gentle tick. And the wheels roll, and roll, and roll.

I'd agree with that.
In my experience, Dekerfs are like Border Coliie sheepdogs, doing exactly what you tell them, before you've even even told them.
A Vicious is more like a Spaniel sniffer dog that's got to the coke first...

then seen a squirrel.

Back